Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
I only have one monitor... and it's painful.
Noxid
Noxid
aspire to greater heights
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
I'm going to try to interpret what I'm seeing... feel free to correct me ;)
In visual studio you're creating the version.dll that the unmodified d3dx9_43.dll calls if it's in the same directory? I'm guessing version.dll used to be a small simple version checking function that was perfect to replace or add to? I'm used to seeing ddraw.dll make changes, and didn't realize that d3dx9_43.dll was part of the pipeline.

In notepad(s), you have your list of interesting functions and their addresses for reference. CsHook/Release in explorer has the latest compiled version.dll...

Um... maybe OllyDbg is used to make changes to Doukutsu.exe so you can get the basic desired changes working and tested before taking it to visual studio? (Or maybe you are making use of the injector to do things that modifying Doukutsu.exe can't be made to do easily?? I'm obviously inexperienced with this lol)

Powershell is running a merger which... merges all of the Doukutsu Assembler hacks you will run through Doukutsu Assembler?
And Notepad++ has the output after running the merged.txt through Doukutsu Assembler. Is that Excel? Um maybe it's a list of changes you will make, a convenient function list with additional information, or a library that will be made...?

Plus a hex calculator, multiple teasers of "Treasure Island"(!!!), and a sly looking Gregg causing crimes/maybe running things in the background.
You might need to get 5-7 monitors or a virtual reality/augmented reality workspace to clean things up and live the dream!

...and here I am just used to modifying maps lol.
Noxid
Noxid
some right, some wrong. Vis Studio is creating version.dll however it doesn't have anything to do with d3d or ddraw anymore, that was just something I used in the other project.

I use ollydbg, amazingly, for its intended purpose here which is debugging. if there's a problem in the code I wrote for the DLL I can step through it here and see how it gets called/etc.

you got the merger pretty much right. this is just a shortcut I put together so I could use the assembler with a bunch of hacks at different offsets in a single file, rather than one file per offset.

Excel (libreoffice calc) is just the cave story function list in another format, but this one's got more info. I still prefer the txt version usually though.
GunbladeMaster34
GunbladeMaster34
Looks cool
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
Looks stressful as hell.
Noxid
Noxid
nah dude this is my jam
the only stressful part is when I have to restart the computer and put all the windows back in the right spot lol