Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
Huh, I thought it was okay with just an annoying pop ad for each download, what was your issue(s) with it?
InkyTheFox
InkyTheFox
It's called "ERASING EVERYTHING AND GETTING MALWARE AND SCAMS AND BEING BLOCKED IN MANY COUNTRIES." (That's my Opinion.) I use Dropbox.
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Slight delay in downloads, annoying advertisements and pop-ups that have gotten progressively worse over the years, and I've faced numerous false copyright infringement strikes against some of my uploads.
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
I stick with mediafire because after a decade the vast majority of those mediafire links on the forums still work. Secondly mediafire is honest about how they get revenue. Dropbox on the other hand has shared folders that artificially inflate the space used on your dropbox account so that you will pay them to increase your capacity. I used it for work once. Ugh... never again.

Just to explain, imagine if there were no phone plans for telcos, you just pay by the minute, and everything is prepaid, but hey the first x number of minutes are free, so its fine. Now also imagine if the receiver had to pay for the call as well as the caller, and at the exact same rate. Now imagine that once you have accepted a call from someone once you have no choice but to answer the phone from that person forever and you can only hang up when both of you agree to hang up. This is how ridiculous dropbox is.

Okay I must admit, that analogy got weird in places.
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
I did enjoy Dropbox while I had free space... Worked well for small projects. Of course nobody unshared after the project was done, and it became horrible for security...

@advertisements and pop-ups
Ever since I decided to try the AdBlock extension for Chrome, advertisements have gotten a lot less annoying... Not sure what kind of a security risk it could pose, but it's been convenient.

That said, I'm getting used to running Jdownloader2, so I don't even have to visit the site if I don't need to.
Polaris
Polaris
I enjoyed Dropbox well enough, for my small-scale purposes, until they insinuated that they'd be making my Public folder and everything in it private, breaking dozens of images and links I've made for...some reason. I'm not being targeted for being a free user, either, everyone with a Public folder is going to get to deal with that. Okay Dropbox, thanks.
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
While I use Dropbox as pretty much my main cloud drive at the moment, I've always been weary with how after a certain number of downloads/bandwidth usage they shutdown your public links. It happened to my friend who though it was a good idea to share something to a subreddit community of active 1,000s, and I think it happened to GIR too recently...