duncathan
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• I made it up. It was the first thing that came to mind. *Changes it to... Tuvaluan Burrito. Oh, and just FYI, I don't live in Tuvalu.
    And I was CJ's faithful sidekick during said events.

Also, thank you for making your signature less page consuming.
    Take a seat, child, for I shall tell you a story of wonderous proportions.
    Once upon a time, I noticed a little messege box that said "Welcome to our newest member, _____". Upon seeing this I thought, "Wouldn't it be a jolly thing if I greeted every new member that came to our palace?" I did that to every new member,and everyone was happy. UNTIL... the evil beast Noxid came along and threatened to ban me if I didn't stop! So if I can't do it, no one else can.
    That is why.
    I may join in the future. I was merely suggesting you shorten your signature, before a moderator makes you.
    It is less the sig by its lonesome that is inflammatory, and more how you behave in general towards the whole ce/sw thing. For example:
    Ok. Wait... Are you part of the CE empire? If so, no, I will not make my sig smaller.
    Once this is released, the CE empire will BURN!!!! BURN!!!!!!
    etc.
    Your sig is just a byproduct of your general attitude.

You need to understand that there are no empires and no bad guys here. Both Sue's and CE are made to help us do the same thing, which is mod the game with as much ease as possible. Both Prof. Eich and Wistil are very amiable guys (although I have to admit Prof. left before I joined), and I doubt that they would appreciate the conflict that has grown up around their gifts to the forums.
    Since the editors are incompatible up to a point, it is also the case that by praising one editor (especially to an extreme degree), you essentially vilify the other. That then increases the conflict, which is just generally a bad thing.

This is exactly what your sig does. It tells everyone to hail Sue's (whether jokingly or not) which not only lends SW undo value, but also inflicts your viewpoints upon others. By saying that all must hail, you are insinuating that people who choose Cave Editor are doin' it completely wrong, another thing that adds to the conflict.
    Understand?

Three more things:
    Firstly, I am one of the few (I believe the number is three) forum members who has continuously used Sue's over Cave Editor for the last few years. So don't disregard me because I am part of the 'Cave Empire'.
    Secondly, I know that SP is doing his best to conflate the conflict. I do not know why, but I'd rather you didn't imitate him.
    And finally, I used to be about 1000 times as inflammatory as you, about this subject and others, and perhaps that is why it irritates me so much.
    Well, Lace was the one that said it might be inflammatory. I was just passing the message along.
    How about you can make your signature smaller or you can have this one
    sig.gif

:mahin:
    And also I don't like it when people greet every single new member as well. It's just silly.

e: Also also it would be nice if your signature wasn't so inflammatory.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…