Cave Story Dreams

May 15, 2022 at 8:52 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
This is a thread about dreams about Cave Story or anything related to it. You can post your dreams here too.

1st dream: I had a dream where I was a Mimiga and I was walking in a forest with Sue, King and Toroko. And then Misery turned all of us into humans and robots, except Sue. And then, I died.

May 15, 2022 at 2:05 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I was playing an epilogue of Cave Story and then when I spoke to Jenka two times a bunch of red crystal duplicates suddenly took Quote away and an extremely long cutscene played showing the entire sprite of the island including the landscape behind it turning red as if someone was using the paint bucket tool in an art program. It was so incredibly long that I closed the program thinking that it wasn't worth watching such a cutscene leading to what was probably a bad ending.

May 15, 2022 at 5:33 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Some time between 2012-2015, I had a dream that Quote and Curly were real, and they lived with me at my parents' house (this was back when I was in high school), and they basically functioned as my younger siblings. I don't remember much, other than this one instance in which they were both coming inside through the basement door greatly bedraggled as if they had just been through something rough, and I hugged them both, glad to see that they were okay.

I'm sure I've had many other Cave Story dreams over the years, but I don't remember many of them very well. I'll have to check in with this thread if I have any more in the future.

May 15, 2022 at 7:44 PM
"Huzzah!"
I had a very strange dream in 2018 where the Cave Story Tribute Site Forums were bought by National Geographic.
I also once had a dream in 2019 I think, where Patrick Star from Spongebob was in Cave Story Beta.

May 15, 2022 at 10:37 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I had a very strange dream in 2018 where the Cave Story Tribute Site Forums were bought by National Geographic.
Oh yeah, I guess dreams about these forums can count. Within the last month, I had a dream that Andwhyisit decided to completely redesign these forums and they looked totally different.

I also had a dream within the last few months that Noxid came to see me in real life and visited me where I live, and I showed him around town. And near the end, he made some comment or gesture of approval of where I am in life now. Mind you, even though I interacted with Noxid a lot when he was active here and consider him a friend, I've never met him in real life.

May 15, 2022 at 10:39 PM
"Huzzah!"
Oh yeah, I guess dreams about these forums can count. Within the last month, I had a dream that Andwhyisit decided to completely redesign these forums and they looked totally different.

I also had a dream within the last few months that Noxid came to see me in real life and visited me where I live, and I showed him around town. And near the end, he made some comment or gesture of approval of where I am in life now. Mind you, even though I interacted with Noxid a lot when he was active here and consider him a friend, I've never met him in real life.
Meeting online friends in real life can be difficult. I've been wondering for so long why Noxid kind of just disappeared in 2019.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 11:07 PM
I had a dream where Quote was Mac from Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends

May 15, 2022 at 11:10 PM
Another dream I had where one of the Colons kept saying "BALLS" for no reason. It got me mad. I punched him, and he exploded and turned into a Pikachu.

May 15, 2022 at 11:23 PM
"Huzzah!"
Another dream I had where one of the Colons kept saying "BALLS" for no reason. It got me mad. I punched him, and he exploded and turned into a Pikachu.
Maybe the Colonchu wanted to get inside the Poké Ball.

May 15, 2022 at 11:30 PM
Meeting online friends in real life can be difficult. I've been wondering for so long why Noxid kind of just disappeared in 2019.
Speaking of that, I had a dream where they actually killed Noxid because he found every Cave Story beta ever made. And thats why he's not online. (according to my dream)

May 15, 2022 at 11:31 PM
"Huzzah!"
Speaking of that, I had a dream where they actually killed Noxid because he found every Cave Story beta ever made. And thats why he's not online. (according to my dream)
You have the weirdest dreams, and I love it.

May 15, 2022 at 11:33 PM
I also had a dream where in the DSi version of Cave Story, if you entered the Konami code on the intro, and then on the title screen but in reverse, you would unlock a mode called "Kazuma Story."

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 11:37 PM
"Huzzah!"
I also had a dream where if you entered the Konami code on the intro, and then on the title screen but in reverse, you would unlock a mode called "Kazuma Story."
Did you get to see what Kazuma Story was like in the dream?

May 16, 2022 at 12:20 AM
Did you get to see what Kazuma Story was like in the dream?
Yeah. I remeber the title screen and the intro and some gameplay. The title screen showed the logo and Kazuma, on his computer, typing something, with a green background. I remember the intro being about Kazuma getting mad cause Sue didn't respond. The whole game was Kazuma using his computer, doing tasks, and eating cockroaches to survive, until Quote saves you and then the game is basically Cave Story from what Kazuma sees.

Last edited:
May 16, 2022 at 12:50 AM
"Huzzah!"
Yeah. I remeber the title screen and the intro and some gameplay. The title screen showed the logo and Kazuma, on his computer, typing something, with a green background. I remember the intro being about Kazuma getting mad cause Sue didn't respond. The whole game was Kazuma using his computer, doing tasks, and eating cockroaches to survive, until Quote saves you and then the game is basically Cave Story from what Kazuma sees.
I now actually want that to be a mod.

May 16, 2022 at 1:01 AM
"Huzzah!"
strangely enough i don't often get dreams involving media i'm interested in - online friends or people i know/knew irl will show up, but almost never fictional characters or locations, which is odd given how much time i spend thinking about my interests :V

that being said according to a pinned message on discord i sent a few years ago i did once have a cave story dream where 'i jumped off the island and died', so good job dream eli?

May 16, 2022 at 2:00 AM
I just had a dream where Sue kissed me. Then suddenly after that a skeleton popped up and killed me with his laser eyes.

May 17, 2022 at 10:48 AM
Just had a dream where Quote had paralysis and was having a seizure at the same time. I remember Quote was yelling "THE END IS COMING NOW. ALL OF YOU WILL DIE".

I remember the Giygas theme was playing while this was happening.