Currently making a Cave Story Themed Blasterball 2

Feb 19, 2021 at 3:29 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
If you never heard of BlasterBall 2 Revolution before, It's an Arkanoid, Breakout game launched on PC by Wildtangent. I managed to find the files to edit the levels of the game. I'd thought about making all the levels Cave Story themed and making a few changes to the game like editing sprites, changing the background, and replacing the music in the code itself. I don't plan to show it just yet since it's a concept of mine still. So far it's looking kinda good to make this a hobby of mine until it's fully complete. I don't plan to have many people work on the project but it's subject to change. I'd do love to get any ideas from the community to make this happen and have a release date for this project.

Attachments

• image_2021-02-18_202907.png
    image_2021-02-18_202907.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 9
  • CSBLASTERBALL2.png
    CSBLASTERBALL2.png
    192.4 KB · Views: 9
Feb 19, 2021 at 6:03 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Interesting! Taking an obscure old PC game and modding it is one of my favorite things to see come out of any modding community. Also, if you ever need help with ideas or graphics, just PM me, I can always help with anything.

Feb 20, 2021 at 5:48 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Oh sweet, I'm very familiar with Blasterball 2. Back in 2003 (about this time 18 years ago!), my granddad gave me and my siblings a Compaq computer (it was my first exposure to Windows XP) that had a bunch of Wild Tangent demos on it, including the Blasterball 2 demo, so this is huge nostalgia for me. I'd love to play this when you have a demo or something.

Oct 3, 2021 at 7:38 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oh sweet, I'm very familiar with Blasterball 2. Back in 2003 (about this time 18 years ago!), my granddad gave me and my siblings a Compaq computer (it was my first exposure to Windows XP) that had a bunch of Wild Tangent demos on it, including the Blasterball 2 demo, so this is huge nostalgia for me. I'd love to play this when you have a demo or something.
I Read this just now and am posting the demo for it. I'd love to hear your feedback to it, you will just need the official game and drag the rest in that root file. Hope you enjoy!
- https://www.mediafire.com/file/oba4ae6esgj8w98/0.1.0BB2CS.zip/file

Interesting! Taking an obscure old PC game and modding it is one of my favorite things to see come out of any modding community. Also, if you ever need help with ideas or graphics, just PM me, I can always help with anything.
lucky for you, a demo is out now, and I'm also looking for a few members, if you wanna talk, I'll send you the details of the project, I might open a discord group for our members.

Oct 3, 2021 at 4:39 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I Read this just now and am posting the demo for it. I'd love to hear your feedback to it, you will just need the official game and drag the rest in that root file. Hope you enjoy!
- https://www.mediafire.com/file/oba4ae6esgj8w98/0.1.0BB2CS.zip/file
Sweet, I just downloaded it so that I have it on hand. I don't think I actually have Blasterball 2 on this computer, I'm pretty sure it's on a different computer, but I'll get it at some point. I have some other tasks that are higher-priority for my gaming-related time, but I'll probably get around to trying this out within the next couple months.

By the way, you can quote multiple people in one post. If you've already clicked the "Quote Post" button and got the body of one post in your post draft at the bottom, then you can simply click the "Quote Post" button for another post you want to reply to, and it will append the quote from the next post into the body draft at the bottom of the page. The admins aren't as strict about this as they used to be since this forum isn't as active as it used to be, but double-posting is technically against the rules, unless it's been like a week or so since your previous post.