the mimiga are probably dogs.

May 30, 2018 at 2:54 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
curly refers to itoh as "little dog boy", & considering she has lots of experience among the colons, it's safe to assume she would know the basis of their species even.

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 3:21 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
mimiga aren't exactly bunnies, but they're not dogs either - they're probably taken from both. itoh probably doesn't have any reason for looking more dog-like, might just be to make his design seem more unique (even though he's not particularly significant or interesting anyway)

May 30, 2018 at 4:58 AM
War criminal
One of colons behaves like a cat wanting some fish, so they can hypothetically have some cat features as well (like some of them now having whiskers in the Nicalis ports)

Also, the plural has an s at the end

May 30, 2018 at 5:10 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
the mimigas are mimigas

May 30, 2018 at 6:35 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I was playing curly story the other day & when I encountered Itoh, Curly colloquially referred to him as "Little dog boy". Since Curly is shown to spend a lot of time around the colons, it's safe to assume she knows something as basic as what they're supposed to be, hence why she referred to him in that manner.
But in Curly mode, isn't Quote the one who takes care of the Colons?

May 30, 2018 at 1:19 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I was playing curly story the other day & when I encountered Itoh, Curly colloquially referred to him as "Little dog boy". Since Curly is shown to spend a lot of time around the colons, it's safe to assume she knows something as basic as what they're supposed to be, hence why she referred to him in that manner.

I honestly was a little surprised, I was for sure to think they were bunnies, only to find out they were dogs all along.

Doesn't "Mimiga" mean "Rabbit" in Japanese, or something like that?
Also, keep in mind that this is NICALiS you're talking about. The reasons they change half the crap they do is beyond most people, so don't think that this line has any significance to it

May 30, 2018 at 1:30 PM
Based Member
Also, the plural has an s at the end
Huh. "Mimigas" rolls off the tongue odd for me. Thought it would work the same way that deer is singular and plural.
the mimigas are mimigas

The AGTP translation has "mimigas" as the plural form, and the NICALiS translation always has "Mimiga" as both the singular and plural form.

Also, I agree with Deathbear about NICALiS sometimes changing things for no apparent reason other than just to be different from the AGTP translation.

May 30, 2018 at 1:33 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Counterpoint: curly is not very bright

May 30, 2018 at 2:05 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Counterpoint: curly is not very bright
no curly is fine its just nicalis that sucks

unless this was agptlgbt translation

May 30, 2018 at 2:16 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
May 30, 2018 at 9:45 PM
Curly thinks there is only one Cthulhu.
And she also doesn't think the almighty Kanpanchi is a god. Quote stays silent because he knows Kanpanchi's past

Last edited: