Can anyone send me a good mod?

Sep 14, 2016 at 3:27 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I've played Jenka's Nightmare, but that's the only mod I played. Can anyone send me a good mod to try out?

Sep 14, 2016 at 4:51 PM
Modding Community Discord Moderator
CSE Discord Moderator
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Yeah... Saying Rise of Ballos is "an acquired taste" is a pretty big understatement.
It's hard, and not in a good way, as in, the guy who made it can barely play it, hard.
The difficulty mainly comes from it being unfair beyond belief.
...Really, the only redeeming factor is all the crazy ASM stuff, but imo, it's not worth it.

If you want something that's a bit more well rounded design wise, I'd suggest these 5:
1. Lunar Shadow. It's a metroidvainia made in Cave Story. Not "quite" finished, but it's really only missing out on some extra end game content.
2. Cave Story Redesign. It's Cave Story, but expanded into a VERY large metroidvainia, bigger than Lunar Shadow. Fair warning, It's massive size can make it kind of a chore, and it's not complete (ends at outer wall iirc), but still worth a look.
3. Jenn's Journey. A mod that's only real flaw is the fact that it ends.
4. Rave Story. It's a meme, but it's also a really good mod.
5. The Traveler. A "post best ending mod" with a lot of charm! Not a whole lot of actual game, but it's a fun time none the less.

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:08 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Sep 14, 2016 at 6:41 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Sep 14, 2016 at 6:59 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Not to be a killjoy but I'd just like to point out that this was posted in "showcase", which is where actual mods are posted rather than discussion about them.

It would be more suited in this subforum.
p219374-0-screenshot20160914at105339am.png

Also we get this asked a lot so you could probably find other people asking for and receiving similar mod suggestions in the threads found there.

Sep 14, 2016 at 7:06 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
thread moved

Sep 14, 2016 at 7:38 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Not to be a killjoy but I'd just like to point out that this was posted in "showcase", which is where actual mods are posted rather than discussion about them.

It would be more suited in this subforum.
p219374-0-screenshot20160914at105339am.png

Also we get this asked a lot so you could probably find other people asking for and receiving similar mod suggestions in the threads found there.
Yeah, sorry. I'm not here from alot so I don't really know mt way around here.

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:44 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Definitely consider checking out Enlightened One's Ridiculous Sanctuary Options mod, it adds a ton of ridiculous settings you can fool around with, adding a lot of replayability to the Blood Stained Sanctuary.

A lot of the full blown mods that'd I'd recommend have already been mentioned, but if you haven't already, consider checking out HaydenStudio's fourth ending mod. It's literally Cave Story, but with a fourth ending (It comes with Save files if you just want to jump into the meat of the mod). Not only does it manage to sneak itself into Cave Story without affecting any of the other Endings, it is also famous for being used to fool a large part of the community on YouTube that there actually was a 4th ending in the vanilla Cave Story.

Sep 15, 2016 at 1:35 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Try The Donald Trump Cake Escapade. It is best mod

Sep 15, 2016 at 1:54 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
In all seriousness Rave Story is definitely the mod to go for.

Sep 15, 2016 at 1:25 PM
Definitely consider checking out Enlightened One's Ridiculous Sanctuary Options mod, it adds a ton of ridiculous settings you can fool around with, adding a lot of replayability to the Blood Stained Sanctuary.

A lot of the full blown mods that'd I'd recommend have already been mentioned, but if you haven't already, consider checking out HaydenStudio's fourth ending mod. It's literally Cave Story, but with a fourth ending (It comes with Save files if you just want to jump into the meat of the mod). Not only does it manage to sneak itself into Cave Story without affecting any of the other Endings, it is also famous for being used to fool a large part of the community on YouTube that there actually was a 4th ending in the vanilla Cave Story.
I saw it and it's really cool. However, I was searching for mods that changed the story, instead of adding something into vanilla Cave Story, but thanks for suggesting!