Help me with a Science assignment

Mac or PC?

• Total voters
Sep 2, 2015 at 9:00 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I need to do a science assignment where I apply the scientific method to something, I'm deciding to do a poll. My hypothesis is that more people prefer PC than Mac, idk though, so if you guys could help me out on this it would be much appreciated!

ANOTHER EDIT:
Thank you for all the data! I will be leaving the thread up (just out of my own curiosity), but I have collected the data and any further responses will not be logged. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2015 at 10:15 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I'm not sure that what you're doing counts, but if it does, then I prefer PC.

Sep 2, 2015 at 10:16 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm sure it's close enough for their level of schooling

Sep 2, 2015 at 10:26 PM
War criminal
From what I've learned on polls about this, it's a win-win and a lose-lose for both sides.

Macs are hard to use, but you're less likely to get a virus because they're hard to use.
PCs are more easy to use. You're just more likely to get a virus.

Sep 2, 2015 at 10:35 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
And Linux Gentoo/Arch Linux is extremely hard to use and you're more likely to get hit by a meteor (And possibly finally get it to work bug-free, though that's a big if) than get a virus.

Sep 2, 2015 at 10:47 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Whelp, I'll go be the one weird guy.

(I actually own both and my opinion splits down the middle, cause they both have upsides and downsides, my mac is newer/faster/has all my software and games on it though... so)

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:06 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'm not sure that what you're doing counts, but if it does, then I prefer PC.
It does, the example the teacher gave was a poll between xbox and playstation.

I'm sure it's close enough for their level of schooling
By that you mean Honors EarthSci on a university campus, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2015 at 12:03 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Linux, but since that isn't on the poll, PC. I dislike apple products in general.

Sep 3, 2015 at 1:59 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
And Linux Gentoo/Arch Linux is extremely hard to use and you're more likely to get hit by a meteor (And possibly finally get it to work bug-free, though that's a big if) than get a virus.
fuck man you're more likely to get hit by a meteor than to get gentoo running on your first install attempt

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:08 AM
Linux, but since that isn't on the poll, PC. I dislike apple products in general.
I agree (I use Linux Mint 17) , but a PC can be used to run Windows and/or Linux... and/or Mac OS X. Macs use x86 processors, just like PCs do.

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:09 AM
fuck man you're more likely to get hit by a meteor than to get gentoo running on your first install attempt
You're right, but then at that point, luck hangs itself and the computer spontaneously implodes the local vicinity into the fourth level of limbo because physics started melting into hyperbolic space. Not good.

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:59 AM
Professional Whatever
apple isn't real, buy pc in bulk

Sep 3, 2015 at 5:31 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I question why you would choose something you already know the answer to, and something that can be answered with a simple search on Google. What are the specs of your science assignment?

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2015 at 6:28 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
He needed to pick something for which he could make a hypothesis and then test that hypothesis; the assignment is obviously a super simple intro to the scientific method. The guy's probably in his first week of school, so nothing about this assignment strikes me as odd.

Sep 3, 2015 at 12:52 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
He needed to pick something for which he could make a hypothesis and then test that hypothesis; the assignment is obviously a super simple intro to the scientific method. The guy's probably in his first week of school, so nothing about this assignment strikes me as odd.
Yes, actually; I have more complicated assignments in Honors Engineering and Math.

Sep 3, 2015 at 3:42 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Apple products are walled gardens. (See restrictions on development, especially on iDevices.)

Windows 10 is literally a botnet. (See peer-to-peer updates. If an exploit is found in this system, everyone using Windows 10 is fucked.)

install gentoo

Sep 3, 2015 at 7:22 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I like Pc alot more than mac. When I tried using mac it was kind of confusing to me.

Sep 3, 2015 at 7:42 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Considering original CS(and the mods) are primarily only compatible with Windows, I doubt this is the best place to ask wether Mac or normal PC's are better.
It's almost like asking kids wether they like Cookies or Spinach.

Sep 3, 2015 at 7:45 PM
War criminal
Considering original CS(and the mods) are primarily only compatible with Windows, I doubt this is the best place to ask wether Mac or normal PC's are better.
It's almost like asking kids wether they like Cookies or Spinach.
If you ask me that if I were a kid, I'd respond asking, "Why not both?" Gotta love spinach patties for dinner and cookies for dessert!