What's your favourite colour?

Feb 10, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
cultr1 said:
but seriously, white.
It's my favorite color because it's, uhh, clean?
I dunno, it's sleek and awesome, it's my favorite.
Are you sure it's not because it's the color of snow and ice cream <.< ?

Anyways I'm not sure. I don't consider white to actually be a color since it's all the colors, but that's just me being picky. But it feels so arbitrary to pick a favorite.

[EDIT]: I changed my mind, I choose green because it's in the middle.

Feb 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I don't consider white to actually be a color since it's all the colors, but that's just me being picky.
i think you mean brown. brown is what you get when you combine all the colours.
although you are correct; white and black aren't technically colours, they are hues. but that doesn't really matter.

anyway my favourite colour is blue. not like, straight up blue, but blue that is mixed with a tiny bit of green, or purple, or white.

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Actually, something that is white reflects all of the colors. This is entirely different from a white light, which contains all of the colors of the visible spectrum (read: Pink Floyd). As with that, a green object will absorb all colors except for green, (blue objects absorb all colors but blue, which is reflected, etc.) which is why objects appear that way. Black, on the other hand, absorbs all colors, and does not reflect any.
Brown can be accomplished in art if you combine mix all of the colors in a paint bucket, putting all colors of colored pencil on a piece of paper, etc.

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Been here way too long...
@personwholikesmetalliccolors: silver is not a color. nor is gold or any other metal. the luster, which is what I imagine you're fond of, is caused by the electron sea that characterizes metallic bonds.
ergo, silver isn't a color of light.

I like most colors. But especially purple and yellow.

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:59 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
although you are correct; white and black aren't technically colours, they are hues. but that doesn't really matter.

anyway my favourite colour is blue. not like, straight up blue, but blue that is mixed with a tiny bit of green, or purple, or white.

Actually, it's the other way around. They're colors, but they're not hues. Hue is a property of color that they (along with grey) don't have, since their saturation (how much hue they have) is zero.

Anyway, my favorite color varies from minute to minute. Right now, I think I'd go with a very light grey.

Also,
cultr1 said:
If liking purple is girly, then I don't want to be manly
If I wanted to be manly I would go lifting.
Weights.
QFT. Reminds me of a male dancer at my school that I saw wearing a shirt that said "real men don't lift weights; real men lift women" and this was pretty much my reaction.

edit: in the few minutes since making this post, my favorite color has changed from light grey to royal blue. Like I said, it changes a lot xD.

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

As SEBTi clarified, I am talking about light, not paints. It doesn't make sense to me to talk about colors as paints, since they're light you know? They are our interpretation of electromagnetic radiation.

Also I don't like how paint just gets muddy when you mix colors (unless you mix white).

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
This doesn't matter.
If I can fill in a shape on my computer with this color or hue or whatever you pick, we're going to call it a color just for the sake of this thread.
Semantics never helped any thread here so far.

Anyway, white is basically the color of vanilla flavor and clouds and snow and my phone, and I like all of these things.
Maybe that's why. Black is cool too, though.

Feb 11, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Banned
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Lace, I like the metallic colors. I hear you say they are not true colors, but to be honest for the sake off it, and by definition of logic, I say silver is my favorite color. Second favorite is gold. Reasons: I like yellow, an unexplainable mental connection, and because it is Team FiendFire's official metal. Third favorite is red.

Feb 11, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Been here way too long...
Please provide us with the hexadecimal value of silver, so that we can tell you it's grey.

Feb 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Banned
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I used the definition of logic. I don't need a hexadecimal.

Feb 11, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Black.
Because... uh... I see it every night.

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:34 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I like all five colors. Black, White, Red, Blue, and Green.

Who am I kidding. I just like card games.

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:36 AM
Banned
You forgot. Green is made by blue and YELLOW.

Feb 11, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Banned
Card games aren't a color (no pun intended). He said green as one of the colors, if we go in that direction.

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM
How can you be this dense Shadow
He was talking about Magic the Gathering, there is no yellow element in Magic (though there are yellow cards).

Also you didn't make a pun, so don't say "no pun intended."

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Banned
Sorry, but I didn't think he meant that game. The pun was for a different perspective. By definition of logic, I made a pun.

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:33 PM
By definition of logic, I made a pun.

vg92290_You-keep-using-that-word[1].jpg

But seriously though. Do you think that just saying "by the definition of logic!" your ass is automatically covered? You didn't make a pun, and no matter how many times you say the word "logic" that fact will remain.

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Banned
Look up logic in a dictionary. By it's definition, I have it, and therefore my reasoning is sound.

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Wikipedia said:
Logic (from the Greek λογική logikē)is the formal systematic study of the principles of valid inference and correct reasoning.

You didn't make a valid inference, and you don't have sound reasoning. "my joke was for a different perspective, so I'm right." that's called a fallacy, in which one jumps to conclusions without providing sufficient evidence linking things together. I could get my notes from Debate class and tell you specifically which fallacy you're using, but I'm deeming that unnecessary, given the Calibar of this discussion. By the definition of logic, you lost this argument.