New profile posts

So I've finally reached 100 posts, huh…
Hina
Hina
it all goes downhill from here
or something like that
Been recently getting back into Forum Board Let's Play, The one I've been reading brought me back to the days when I would read creepypastas late at night. This is why I love Forum Boards, never would get this type of experience anywhere else.
Mint
Mint
Regardless of wether it was a forum or not it's cool to read through written LPs, it's a neat way for someone to talk about the game they're passionate about and I enjoy it as a way of reading how people feel about the games they're playing.
That's not to say I think streaming is an awful medium but if I feel like reading about the game it's a very relaxing option.
Kinda like for example when someone did solo runs of Final Fantasy 5 with every job and they kinda got in detail on how every job fared for such a thing, was a really neat read.
Banana Man 4577
Banana Man 4577
I always loved reading LPs, It was always a fun and centralized place where you could see discuss about a certain topic and where many people who are going into it blind also discuss theories with each other.
Streaming to me is super boring to watch, unless you have a lot of charisma, they usually have so much fluff or downtime I eventually lose interest.
That's what I love about them, Someone out there would make a giant thread about something because they felt bored or they were passionate. You can go into so much detail with forums and even explain the magic behind it.
Mint
Mint
I mean usually i just have a stream (vod) for background noise and, occasionally at smaller channels, just sit around to chill and chat.

What makes LPs on forums or sites great is that they are in a good readable format, are always accessible because its easier to read stuff than watch it and are very easily archived- good luck finding someones opinions on a game when its buried under a discord channel or twitter wall (the latter doesn't even properly allow searching!!)
Of course though, Discord has screensharing, which is a big boon if you just want to show something to friends, and I don't think thats particularily a bad thing.
:toroko2: It is still so surprising to see so many members on a forum board, even after so many years.
Serri
Serri
Haha, imagine having an option... :(
Hina
Hina
are there none? i mean i wouldn't know, not that i feel like i belong anywhere anyway :P
Banana Man 4577
Banana Man 4577
At least you guys are keeping up the forum board, I've seen so many dead forums it's finally good for a change to see members still active
Hey, even though I never spoke to you. Or never knew who you were. Thank You. I hope wherever you are, You are doing well. Even though you are a memory of when the site was once well known and popular, your legacy lives on with the elders who refuse to let this site die. Thank You
FpDdDlGWAAEWBsF

Cat
FML I fucked up the best ending in waterway cabin after not playing this game in years.
FDeityLink
FDeityLink
Yeah I'm curious how people first realized that the Best Ending exists and how to do it. I only knew from guides.
I know there's the hint in the little room before the Doctor fight and the red line in Labyrinth but that feels real minimal.
Serri
Serri
My first playthrough I looked at guides, learned about the third ending, realize I've fucked everything up, and was only on the path to the second ending. Like what the heck? Why put such a huge emphasis on how to get there if i'm halfway through the game? (Like, I think I was already at the plantation at the time). I even thought I was doing everything right (trade polar star with machine gun, jump to professor booster's aid). I can make a large paragraph about why the third ending isn't as "best" as it is compared to the second ending, but I digress.
FDeityLink
FDeityLink
This also reminds me of when I played CS3D (my introduction to Cave Story), got to the Outer Wall, and didn't realize I was supposed to climb up. I never progressed further on that game.
That's not on Pixel though; I'm just a dumbass.
Hope everyone enjoys the Easter weekend~
Hina
Hina
cheers, hope you have a great weekend yourself
Serri
Serri
I'll try, even though I work all weekend :(
in today's news, i deleted a folder containing a newly made ORG because i wanted to clean my desktop. what i forgot is that i have not moved the final product from the working folder, and i lost the thing. time to start all over again
Tpcool
Tpcool
I would be so heartbroken. I hope you remember it well enough to recreate it.
Hina
Hina
oh yes, i punished myself by sitting until late and remaking the whole thing : P but it's back up and likely better than before so it's all right!
Cat: 26768
I'm guessing the forums are going through an April Fools Day phase hence the oddities in threads showing stuff like that.
Though I wouldn't mind if the cat part remained forever--
Hina
Hina
so this is why my cat count seemed to be higher than others' counts when looking through recent threads, i just thought i liked cats more ( :
Serri
Serri
I still stand that only Noxid's should be visible.
Cibryll
Cibryll
Ditto but on his birthday maybe?
(Though I imagine that getting it to be visible on that day only, and just for him, could be tricky--)
at this point i don't even know if i morally should post in the org thread because i'm abusing double posting too much
then again i am contributing to it, even if it's just me
@DoubleThink help
DoubleThink
DoubleThink
huh I got no notifications for that

It's all new update style content so it should be alright as long as you don't go too overboard
Cibryll
Cibryll
I'm guessing mentions might've had their notifications disabled?
Hina's mentioned me a few times in the ORGs thread and I didn't get notified either…
Hina
Hina
start messaging people directly to get their attention, got it
⚰️RIP 3DS & Wii U eShop. 3DS digital games Cave Story+ and Ikachan 3D are no longer available anymore.
Hello, could I have the source code of your Cave Story java port? It looks really cool! I couldn't figure out how to DM you here so I'm just leaving a comment. My discord account is Windows7Ultimate#2287 if you wish to contact me there.
thinking of going back to the NES library for org ideas, anyone got any recommendations?
Hina
Hina
Cibryll
Cibryll
Hm, I can think of quite a few games with pretty cool songs--
Though, those may just have songs that I like, haha…

The Adventure Island games, the Castlevania games, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2, Contra, Contra Force, the Final Fantasy games, the Kirby games, the MegaMan games, the Mario games, The Jungle Book, Metroid, Metal Gear, the Fire Emblem games, and The Flintstones games…
Hina
Hina
wow, contra force appreciation
stage 5 is back in business then i think
or that trash metal boss theme

i appreciate the jungle book mention too, i feel like that's an underappreciated game
Back