New profile posts

Hey Hina are you still around? Just saw that your Discord account is gone so just wanted to keep in touch.
TrashboxBobylev
TrashboxBobylev
takimayaa@gmail.com (I am not hina/takimaya, I am just posting the email they had in desc as communication thing)
Hina
Hina
not sure if i want the email publicly available here, but yeah, you can reach me there. not sure if discord keeps the profile description up during the deletion phase - i've had the contact email there for around a month
sorry for not notifying you directly, but despite planning the whole thing for two months or so i still wasn't able to tie up all the loose ends
the forums updated and i cant see what this update entails.
Jade
Jade
Blur effect on profile posts...
Profile posts take a long time to load initially for some reason, so this is deffos a much newer version of the forum software and I'm not sure if the new loading system is exactly BETTER to be honest.

If we're gonna have a loading screen on this site atleast make it the CS3D one lol
the term strongbad_email.exe, while being used canonically as both the program that strong bad uses to check his emails, and as the name of the sbemail dvds, makes me think of a strong bad email creepypasta where like, strong bad just actually fucking kills strong sad instead of merely threatening to do so
D
DrippingYellow
No need, Strong Sad already willed himself to death back in 20 aught 8
kurosurintomasu
kurosurintomasu
ah. of course. thats the real creepy pasta right there. dealing with the grief of the loss of a loved one due to suicide.
or rather, strong bad's lack thereof.
What's the photo in your banner from?
Jade
Jade
Thanks for letting me know, I run Windows 11 64 bit on an AMD GPU and CPU.
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
I'm running Win10 64bit on a Nvidia/Intel so can't give assurances with my testing D:

Here's what I found so far: (This ended up being longer than anticipated lol)
I'd say try running the game vanilla using its RPG_RT.exe and see if that works well. I'd also suggest unless you want the game to change desktop resolution to fullscreen automatically each time, make a shortcut, and under target: add this to it \RPG_RT.exe" "_" "_" "Window"
(The "_" "_" are just ignored parameters.)

However... if you do run into some kind of issue playing it, you can try using EasyRPG - https://easyrpg.org/
Drop its Player.exe into its directory and run it on virtually any device, PC, mobile, even a browser? Though in my short testing, I noticed a couple minor graphical differences in its emulation. (Less fog effect, different text font, etc. Uncertain without playing through the game if any major issues would show up.) I seemed to be able to switch back and forth between EasyRPG and RPG_RT with the save file, so it's probably fine to switch between them if you run into issues?)

(Actually during testing things, at one point I ran into some strange input problems with the vanilla RPG_RT.exe. I'm not certain I figured it out what caused it, though the last thing random thing I did was remove an Amazon Show Device from the network... Alexa are you hacking me...?) I did find that this weird solution helped in most cases momentarily: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ames-not-responding-to-keyboard-input.160887/
Probably should have just rebooted, but I wanted to find out what suddenly was causing it.

As for improving MIDI, I went down a little rabbit hole looking at what I could do.

First off, the simplest PC solution in most cases seems to be using Coolsoft's VirtualMIDISynth: https://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/virtualmidisynth
"VirtualMIDISynth is a software MIDI synthesizer implemented as a Windows multimedia user driver, accessible as a standard MIDI Out device."
This allows you to load soundfonts to replace the default Microsoft synths. I made a video once upon a time:
It should work with Win11. Pretty sure just installing virtualMIDIsynth will make any basic apps that call MIDI generally open it up. There *was* a default MIDI Mapper section that was grayed out, at least before I installed another optional program I'll mention in a minute.

Finally, you'll just need soundfonts to pair with it.
This one seemed average: (28 MBs)
Place that on top of the loaded soundfont chain, active (click the octagon to green if it isn't active.)
And I might suggest putting this one below it
Musyng, which might need a soundfont program to extract the sfpack file D: (1.6 GBs)
(It will look to the bottom soundfont last):

EDIT: Watched that old video and this should be the soundfont from the video, I guess that's the one I used long ago?:

Alternatively, you can just download any soundfont you want and create your own flavor, or enjoy Microsoft's default :chin:

...Or instead of soundfonts, if you're a musician who has worked with VST instruments in a DAW (or want to try things); I found a program called VST MIDI Driver.
This alternative will allow you to load up VSTi's to play MIDIs in apps like RPGmaker as well; soundfonts are easier to work with, though less powerful. :muscledoc:

If you download that you'll probably need this:
This allows you to choose the default MIDI device for apps that don't specify, like RPGmaker; otherwise it'll just be microsoft or something.

If you wanted a VSTi well... One old one I liked was Edirol HQ Orchestral. Maybe it's free now? I searched Edirol Orchestral, and unless I'm being trolled, it says discontinued and free? Supposedly you can get that too. If you're curious, I'll download it from a link to make sure it's safe.

And just for fun, all that lead me to download loopMIDI, which can create a virtual loopback port. ...Meaning: create a port, change the default port using midimapper, then RPGmaker's music can play through a DAW like Reaper, to use anything under the sun to customize your live music like a pro xD Overkill much?

Though... if *someone* were to just record the best rendered MIDI output; and insert it back into the game... Well then you don't have to worry about anything extra xD (Except a larger download.)
Or just go with Microsoft D:

As for upscaling solutions...
There's one called Lossless Scaling for 6.99$ retail on Steam. Pretty handy little program for all sorts of games that don't upscale well. Moreso if you have a good GPU with some of its options. Though I used to use an older version that was less demanding for my previous PC.

And lastly, there's a free powerful upscaler called Magpie:
It can produce some nice results for games with its plentiful customizable options, but probably needs a recent GPU for some things. Or limited FPS.
Sorry for that massive wall xD In any case, maybe it'll be curious to note my findings.
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
So! I made an effort and stitched together a new soundfont for The Way, for use with virtualMIDIsynth: (600 MB compressed rar)
Yamaha Tyros 4_Just_T4_Fixed-XCal0.4.2.rar
It is generally geared towards all 6 episodes of midis. (Maybe biased towards the later episodes actually...)
Not perfect, but hard to make a one size fits all song solution soundfont.

Or as I mentioned previously, I believe this is the old soundfont I used back then:
EDIT: Watched that old video and this should be the soundfont from the video, I guess that's the one I used long ago?:
https://github.com/guoyu07/midi2mp3/blob/master/PC51d.sf2

Two decent starting points for music enhancement. (Or you can grab the Cave Story orgmaker soundfont :debug: etc)
somewhat abrupt : i dont think ill continue using these forums any longer. if you care enough about this, figure out my contact info and ask why. bye.
Back