Zelda Story

Oct 10, 2011 at 2:33 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
I've finally started to work on a mod. It's going to have mixed storylines of ALTTP, OOT and MM. I'm also editing some of the weapons to look like items from from the series.
So... what do you think?

Oct 10, 2011 at 3:12 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Well, if you manage to pull it off, then it'd be amazing. It looks like you still have lots of planning to do, though.

Oct 10, 2011 at 3:17 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
How much do you have already planned? The engines/gameplay for Cave Story and various Zelda games you've listed are drastically different in style (MM and OoT are 3D, for one), what elements from these Zelda games do you plan to implement and integrate? If dungeons will have a lot of puzzle elements like Zelda, keep in mind that you'll need some decent coding skills. Are you recreating dungeons from Zelda into, or designing them from scratch? How will the storylines be merged together?

I could be completely wrong, but it doesn't sound like you've really developed how you're going to go about this project, and this sounds like a big project. I'm not trying to dissuade you from continuing, just make sure you know what you're doing before you do it, or you're in for a lot of unnecessary frustration.

Oct 10, 2011 at 3:49 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I like the idea, though I'm not really sure if it'd work with CS.

Oct 10, 2011 at 3:59 AM
inside is yello
"..."
I take it you're only modifying the TSC, correct?

Oct 10, 2011 at 5:34 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Shimmyzmizz said:
I take it you're only modifying the TSC, correct?

No, he's clearly modifying the graphics and the maps too. The world isn't divided between TSC and ASM. :chin:

Plus, it's possible to build really complicated puzzles using TSC alone.

Oct 10, 2011 at 5:43 AM
inside is yello
"..."
True. Sorry, I should of stated my point more clearly.

Oct 10, 2011 at 1:58 PM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Hmm... Keep in mind if you aren't going to ASM, then it may be a bit difficult to do some of what you have in mind. You will only be able to incorporate side scroller, because top down and 3rd person views won't really work. And we know how this zelda sidescroller turned out. Of course, that could be pinned mostly on the horrible cutscenes, so yours will be incredible compared to it :(

Oct 10, 2011 at 3:06 PM
A old relic from older days
"..."
bobbyis said:
You will only be able to incorporate side scroller, because top down and 3rd person views won't really work. And we know how this zelda sidescroller turned out. Of course, that could be pinned mostly on the horrible cutscenes, so yours will be incredible compared to it :(

On the flipside, there's this little number that I feel silly for not thinking of earlier.

Oct 10, 2011 at 7:50 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Cripplechair said:
How much do you have already planned? The engines/gameplay for Cave Story and various Zelda games you've listed are drastically different in style (MM and OoT are 3D, for one), what elements from these Zelda games do you plan to implement and integrate? If dungeons will have a lot of puzzle elements like Zelda, keep in mind that you'll need some decent coding skills. Are you recreating dungeons from Zelda into, or designing them from scratch? How will the storylines be merged together?

I could be completely wrong, but it doesn't sound like you've really developed how you're going to go about this project, and this sounds like a big project. I'm not trying to dissuade you from continuing, just make sure you know what you're doing before you do it, or you're in for a lot of unnecessary frustration.
1. It's kind of more the storys of those games that I'm combining, not so much the gameplay. It's still going to be cave story physics, but many zelda themes will appear.
2. I haven't really worked on the dungeons to much, but I am going to try to recreate them. But I will edit things so it will work with a side scroller perspective.

Also I love Zelda 2.:(

Nov 20, 2011 at 9:51 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This.
This has potential.
If you're making hardcore TSC puzzles I'd be happy to help as much as I can if you need it.

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:18 PM
"Huzzah!"
I have an idea. Turn the blade into the bomb and when it makes contact with an enemy, it will explode.

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:19 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
*cough* missile launcher.

Nov 21, 2011 at 2:08 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Uhhhh...
This mod is sort of abandon. I really only got 2 rooms done, but I can continue this if you want me to. But right now my focus is on Take 8 and Cave Story 8-bit.