Writers' Thread

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:42 PM
Pxtone Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Sep 6, 2011 at 3:07 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Hmm...isn't it better to post the text here? Wai...maybe it's a whole book :pignon2:

Sep 8, 2011 at 6:38 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Noxid said:

I know I'm a few months late with this response, but what on earth does the number 161 have to do with this thread?

edit: at first I thought it was the mov opcode, but a bit of googling suggests that's not the case...

Sep 8, 2011 at 6:43 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
A1 is MOV

More specifically, MOV EAX [address]

It means I moved the thread from wherever it was which was probably the satellite lounge
It seems there is some inconsistency as to where this thread belongs....

If it really is just a general all-purpose writing thread then it should be here in the Satellite Lounge
if it's JUST for cave story then it should be Cave Story discussion.

Sep 8, 2011 at 6:52 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
The title suggests just general writing, and I think that's more practical anyway, as I don't think there's enough writing activity to justify having separate threads for CS and non-CS stuff.

Sep 8, 2011 at 9:17 PM
Been here way too long...
ACTUALLY you first moved it to the CS forums from the Sat Lounge, I believe, as I asked you to move it back and you complied.

Or maybe it initiated in the CS part, you moved it to the lounge, fab asked for it to be moved to the Cs part and I asked for it to be moved back?
That's prolly how it went.

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:17 AM
Hyperbolic
@mods I believe this "writers thread" should not just be for fanfiction, if it is, where to post poems&essays? Also I would not say I "bumped" it, out of the nature and title of this thread - anyone should freely post a poem/essay etc. in our forums if he has one.

My rhymeless poem:

To nature

This morning I have felt you,
And you are still in my heart,
The dawn today was golden when I left,
Same as the dawn of hope in me.

Nature, embrace me,
Shine your love through me,
And I will radiate it to others,
the secrets you've told me
are wonderous, but there is more-
-I feel it so.

Take me freely as
an instrument of thine good intentions,
let my hand finish your desires,
Also let my best wishes go,
to all around me.

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:12 PM
Pxtone Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I think that's already been established. I posted a non-fan-fiction story here a few weeks ago.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:03 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Don't judge me
Cave Story Prime: Disruption

It began, by all accounts, a very normal day. The sun rose in the east, its warming rays turning dew-laden grass into a shimmering blanket over the sleeping earth. Kanpachi watched from a stony crag, sipping tea steeped in the blood of his enemies, as the island’s inhabitants rose to face the new day. Satisfied, he grabbed his fishing pole and bucket and headed off for another day of fishing the crystal-clear waters that were the lifeblood of his home. However, unbeknownst to Kanpachi, a dark shadow on the horizon is rapidly approaching.
The air screamed around Meta-Ridley as he hurtled towards the island at breakneck speed. A terrifying construct of science and hatred, Meta-Ridley was a vicious dragon-like beast with claws that could shear flesh from bone, and a caustic breath that would melt steel in seconds. With teeth like daggers, a vicious barbed tail and a searing hatred for everything else in the universe, Ridley was at the top of the Galactic Federation’s list of threats and the Space Pirate’s prized champion.
The Space Pirate’s scanners had picked up an astounding energy reading in this distant corner of the system, and he was determined to secure it before it entered the Federation’s iron grasp. A speck in the distance materialized into view; a small island in the sky, floating over verdant forests below. There was no mistaking it – this was the source of the power.
A piercing shriek announced Ridley’s arrival. Kanpachi looked up to see what had disturbed his fishing as the behemoth swooped overhead, the jet wash from Ridley’s passing knocking over Kanpachi’s fishing bucket. The two fish he’d caught thus far flopped desperately into the water, freed of their iron tomb. Kanpachi levelled his gaze at the beast. Nobody – nobody – knocks over Kanpachi’s bucket and gets away with it.
Ridley alighted upon some nearby ruins and began his investigation for the energy’s source. They were unusual, he noted, different from the Chozo ruins he usually associated with energy levels of this magnitude. Nevertheless, there was something in the air, he could feel it…

*thwack*

Something small and fast hit Ridley in the back, and he roared in fury as he swung around to face his aggressor. Surely the hunter couldn’t be here already..! But instead of an orange-clad bounty hunter, he was faced with a small, fluffy white creature in a blue sweater, clutching a rock and glowering intently. Ridley sneered; it seemed the local wildlife was bolder than most, or at least stupider. With a swat of his armoured tail Ridley sent the creature flying into a mound of rocks, and returned to his mission.
“Very well”, thought Kanpachi, “If this thing wants to play rough, that’s fine with me.” Kanpachi bounded towards the dragon swiftly as the wind, and caught it unawares with a flying kick to the beak. Meta-Ridley reeled with shock at the force of the blow, and Kanpachi followed up with a right hook that met with a resounding crack. Ridley took off into the air, howling in pain and now set on thoroughly obliterating the furry aggressor.

Kanpachi grabbed his pole and gave a mighty cast, hooking his foe as it swooped down to deliver a blast of fiery breath. Kanpachi was swept up into the air and reeled himself in as Ridley began frantically trying to shake him off. The hook cut deep, however, and the line was strong, so soon Kanpachi found himself on the back of a frenzied dragon tearing through the air at impossible speed.
Breaking off a spine from Ridley’s own armour, Kanpachi crawled up Ridley’s neck drove it deep into the creature’s eye. Half-blinded and in agonizing pain, Ridley was no longer able to concentrate on flying and plummeted back onto the island, landing with a crash that echoed from the mountains below. Kanpachi, meanwhile, tucked and rolled onto a nearby grassy hillock, springing to his feet again with perfect composure.
A column of dust was rising from the spot where Ridley fell, obscuring the view of the crater. Would that be enough, Kanpachi wondered? It was getting late and he wanted to catch at least something to bring home before the day was out. He stepped closer to investigate his fallen foe, when a blast of flame shot out from the haze, catching Kanpachi full-on and enveloping him in a fiery inferno.
A triumphant grin crept across Ridley’s face as the mimiga fell in a smouldering heap. As he lay battered on the earth, hot blood trickling down his beak, he was invigorated with the knowledge that he had won. No spunky little rabbit is going to have the best of Meta-Ridley, terror of the stars reborn! He threw his head back and shot a plume of fire skyward to let everything in the vicinity know who the victor was this day.
From his scorched patch of ground, Kanpachi watched this display, fuming. His sweater was ruined. It would take weeks to get the soot out of his fur. This was absolutely unacceptable. Kanpachi stood up, now shirtless, and noticing a faint glow from the plating on Ridley’s chest, leapt forward in a full-body tackle. Ridley was knocked on his back, still spewing flames from his victorious pyrotechnics. Kanpachi ripped apart the flimsy plating, exposing the dragon’s innards. With a single swift blow, Kanpachi struck deep at the heart of his foe, rupturing organs and spewing blood and bile.
The unholy scream Ridley let out was one of pure unbridled terror, as his one good eye flew wide at the sight of his core being pierced. In a spastic fit Ridley took off, clutching his exposed chest, mind racing. Bested by a… a rabbit? His reputation would be utterly ruined – Space Pirate Command must never find out.

Back on the island, Kanpachi surveyed the damages. It had made off with his fishing pole, and his favourite sweater was reduced to ash. He still had his bucket, but there were no fish in it, and without a pole he wouldn’t be getting any more. The sun was beginning to set, casting an amber glow accented by the flickering light of several small grass fires that had sprung up. The noise had attracted other Mimiga, who began to form a curious crowd on the perimeter of where the struggle had taken place.
Kanpachi merely picked up his bucket, and began to walk home. There wasn’t time to answer questions; he needed to get to work on a new fishing pole.
Actually, scratch that. I deserve to be judged for writing this.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Words cannot describe how this story has moved me.
reaction images can
diph.php

Jan 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Or, maybe you know, the words "It's Beautiful"
Those might be able to explain i

All jokes aside, great job noxxy, that was incredible D:
Writing style-wise, at least, I dunno how deep the content was.

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:11 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I really wanted to make it more stupid and over-the-top and shallow but I started off trying to pick a bad guy that was cool and then I got carried away choreographing a fight scene and it all went downhill from there.

I like fights

Mar 26, 2012 at 11:15 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
re: double posts

I found this on my facebook and I have no recollection of writing it
Proposed Plans for World Domination
by Ta Noxid on Monday, 9 March 2009 at 00:44 ·

This note outlines the simple 4 step program that will lead Canada to being the world's largest superpower.
However, first I am going to give you a little background information that will make the plan easier to understand. Despite all you have been told, greenhouse gasses and all that other nonsense is not the cause of global warming. The cause of global warming is, in fact, having too much wealth in existence. Because having alot of money can make someone ugly seem hot, it only stands to reason that too much money in the world will make the planet hot. In fact, the end of the first Ice Age came when early man invented the first currency based on stone chips. Because of the relative abundance of stone chips, the Ice Age ended and the planet began to heat up and as wealth increases the temperature has climbed to the temperatures we know today.

The first phase of the plan is to cause a global recession by flooding the american market with cheap lumber. This will encourage an excess of growth in the housing market, and the abundance of houses will cause everyone to take out outrageous loans and generate so much debt that the economy collapses. The bankruptcies and debt settlements will take so much wealth out of the world that the world will be plunged into another Ice Age.

It is a well circulated fact that Canadians are immersed in an icy climate. Most might say we would never know an ice age had hit. We would wait out the storm in our Igloos while the rest of America (and the world!) is plunged into a dark age.

In the third phase, we would swoop in during America's darkest hour, and share our wintery secrets...
in exchange for control of all American land, resources and military! the newly instated Greater Dominion of Canada, with American military might and Canadian resource control, will become the most powerful nation since the Alexander the Great conquered the known world.

Finally, with Canada leading the world with an icy (but friendly) fist, we will begin to restart the world economy with our cold-resistant technology and, until the ice melts, accept rock chips as currency, starting the cycle all over again. This will not, of course, lead to an imbalance of wealth in the rockier nations since most stone will be buried underneath 200-1000 meters of ice.

That's right, our new world order uses the metric system!

Mar 27, 2012 at 2:25 AM
No I don't think he was asleep, he just doesn't remember writing it because it was three years ago.
You should mail this to Stephen Harper though Noxid, evil plans for world domination seem right up his alley.

May 28, 2012 at 2:04 AM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Eat fanfiction, bitntches.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7673927/1/Game_Over

Jul 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Hyperbolic
I attempted to write the ritual of 10 grades of a mystical (I guess) fraternal/sororal organization. It maybe inaccurate here and there.

Order of the grateful Heart

God, thank you for my spirit, soul and body.
Body

First Grade
God, thank you for everything material around me. Nature works as a supreme machine, unerring every second. In the precise laws of the material world lies your glory. Our material body is a magnificent thing. Billions of cells, molecules and electrons work in order in my body. Thank you for giving me such a gift.

Second Grade
God, thank you for the gift of sleep. Whenever I sleep, though I am unconscious my mind is directing the functions of my body. I rejoice that this magnificent function is still working when I am awake. My body is following the orders of my mind even when I am not conscious of that, this great subconscious mind protects me and builds my body. Thank you for such a great gift.

Third Grade
God, thank you for the gift of intelligence and reasoning. Humanity makes wondrous discoveries by logic and reasoning every day. Scientist ease our life by inventing. It is an excellent tool to help those around me and live in the world in an intelligent way. Thank you for this great gift.

Fourth Grade
God, thank you for the gift of feelings. Feelings are the motivation of the arts, they make our wellbeing. Feelings help me to change, they also provide still, happy moments. Thank you for this great gift.

Soul

Fifth Grade
God, thank you for the gift of consciousness. My consciousness, my “I am” -ness helps me to withness all these great gifts so far, and those yet to come. Thank you for this great gift.

Sixth Grade
God, thank you for the gift of will. My willpower allows me to interact, to move in this world. Blessed be the goodwill, which shapes our world for the better every day. Thank you for this great gift.

Seventh Grade
God, thank you for the gift of love. It is great to feel and give it. It is the basis of all morale and everything that is worthy in our lives. Thank you for this great gift.

Spirit

Eighth Grade
God, thank you for the universal love. All individual love is merged into the magnificent pool of universal love. Love makes everything grow, it is the power which pushes everything forward. Such a power is of infinite treasure to us, it adds quality to our lives and the existence of the universe. Immersing our love into this great sea of benevolence is how we partake in heavenly treasures. This is a benediction which we hold so dearly. Thank you for this great gift.

Ninth Grade
God, thank you for the universal will. It is a creative goodwill, it makes everything possible. The universal will forms the conception of goodness, and universal love makes this conception real. Universal will forms the seed which is planted into the soil of universal love which makes it germinate. Immersing our goodwill into the glorious cosmic goodwill is the way to do the will of the universe and being blessed forever. Thank you for this great gift.

Tenth Grade
God, thank you for all the gifts you have given me, thank you for giving me the fact of your existence. I am of the utmost gratitude and now I am ready to make you a gift. I cannot give You anything else, but what I have – which is myself. You granted me the fact of your existence – now I radiate back to you. Everything I have is yours, I am yours. I give you everything: my body, reasoning, feelings, I am ness, will and love. My love is your love, my will is your will. My I am is your I am. The father and son are united. “I and the Father are ONE”. I am God.