Wollay and Pixxie release Cube World

Jul 13, 2013 at 8:56 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Whoop. After a long while the game is released in open alpha stage. You can purchase it for £15 which amounts to about $20 (USD).
https://picroma.com/
Tragically the website is a trainwreck right now and buying the game is often impossible. It should be under control relatively soon.

I did buy the game and I definitely enjoy it! Unfortunately it plays at a solid 3 fps on my laptop so it isn't really playable. But it runs extremely smoothly on most modern toasters!
There's a lot going on in the game, particularly levelling skills, capturing wildlife in small boxes, dungeon bosses and stuff... Im obviously not very knowledgable but I made the thread anyway since it didn't appear to have been made before.

Jul 13, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This looks absolutely beautiful. I'll have to buy it when I can.

Jul 13, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
AW YISS

MOTHER FUCKING

CUBE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD.

I can't play it on my piece of junk, but hopefully by the time I get something that's relatively capable of becoming self-aware, the game will have updated SO MUCH I can find all the things everywhere. Anyways, Cube World. It's a good game. Buy it.

Jul 13, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Professional Whatever
Apparently I'm having problems with direct3D or something, even though I have the latest version.
Wat do
also is anyone having this problem

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Professional Whatever
Oh fuck that noise. Ah well, maybe I'll like mod or something instead

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
This looks awesome, like an RPG Minecraft. I don't think I'll be able to play it anytime soon but it looks pretty cool.

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:40 PM
My laptop has an intel, and i can still play it
Most computers need the DirectX something blah. Here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Installing that might fix the direct3D problem as well, but that is just a guess..
As a note this game is in alpha. There hasnt been any optimization and it is peppered with bugs. Even so it is extremely well built and polished!

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:53 PM
"Huzzah!"
OH NO!!! I've been waiting for this, but the Steam sale is on now..... and $20. I understand it's going to be well worth it, but since it's an alpha, I guess I was just expecting it to be about $15. Either way, I've sadly got to wait on it.

EDIT: I downloaded the mini demo to test before buying and it is not very smooth, and as it loads more of the world, it get's pretty laggy. My PC more than meets the required specs. Also, if I press any key in the demo, it crashes. Does it do that with anyone else? ... I was actually almost thinking about buying it anyway, even though I really shouldn't spend more money, but it really doesn't seem to be programmed all that well. Minecraft has always worked great, ever since the alpha version (I got it when it first started up), and they are both voxel games. I'm wondering if Wollay is overlooking the need for proper optimization and stuff. Hopefully not, but if the alpha is anything like the demo, then..... yeah.

Jul 14, 2013 at 6:00 AM
I have heard about that issue before but i dont know much about it. I think there is a solution..
And although my system is evidently over the minimum specs, "minimum" does not mean "ideal" and will not always perform flawlessly. I have over-minimum specs to play and it still runs like complete shit.
The game lacks optimization as it is only in alpha. If you looks at some videos of customers playing it, most people are able to play at very good performance, and i have even heard that many people on the IRC have to limit their framerate from 200-400 so their equipment does not over heat.