Wind Fortress and Cave Story+

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:12 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
So we are not allowed to use any content from Cave Story+ whatsoever. No sprites, resizes of sprites, facepics, nothing.

So why are we allowed to use the Wind Fortress ORG?

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:23 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Because that was made for cave story and then scrapped, not cave story+.

Feb 14, 2015 at 8:49 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The wind fortress org was made publicly available before the release of Cave Story+ (along with all the other CS beta orgs), so it's not exactly a "Cave Story+ exclusive". You can still download the beta orgs without having to buy CS+, so they're not tied in the same way as the new graphics are to the CS+ release.

Feb 15, 2015 at 11:32 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
You know, this does bring another question to mind: does Nicalis hold copyright to the level layout used in CS+'s Wind Fortress (and bonus TT maps) as well? As in the sprite placement and arrangement, even if used in an old-CS mod.

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:07 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Cosmic Chaos said:
You know, this does bring another question to mind: does Nicalis hold copyright to the level layout used in CS+'s Wind Fortress (and bonus TT maps) as well? As in the sprite placement and arrangement, even if used in an old-CS mod.
Interestingly enough, it's actually impossible to entirely recreate Wind Fortress with vanilla CS, as it uses new enemies (and a new boss) specifically made for the area.

But yes, Nicalis would hold the copyright to the layout of those areas, as they weren't in the original game.

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:27 PM
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Interestingly enough, it's actually impossible to entirely recreate Wind Fortress with vanilla CS, as it uses new enemies (and a new boss) specifically made for the area.
But yes, Nicalis would hold the copyright to the layout of those areas, as they weren't in the original game.

LOL your signature points to why you're asking this.

Cosmic Chaos said:
And this can't be good news for GIRakaCHEEZER.

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:48 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
So uh, did you actually take a moment to read your post after you hit the "Post Reply" button?

Because I think you might be a little mixed up there.

Feb 27, 2015 at 1:11 AM
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
So uh, did you actually take a moment to read your post after you hit the "Post Reply" button?

Because I think you might be a little mixed up there.
Ooops.

Oh well.