WinAmp Plugin in_org.dll (ORG player)

Feb 21, 2009 at 12:30 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
andwhyisit said:
The source was never released, and, knowing jte, never will be.

To anyone who has ever used the plugin:
Look under c:\Program Files\Winamp\plugins and look for a file called in_org.dll. If you have in_org.dll then post it here, otherwise it is most likely lost to the world. But I swear that at least someone in this forum would have downloaded it by now.

I downloaded it awhile ago, and luckily enough this thread caught my eye.
This is his v0.9 (that's what the readme says).

in_org.zip

Hope this helps.

Feb 21, 2009 at 2:08 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
That is very helpful, thank you very much. :p

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:46 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Glad there is a link again.

Though due to a certain line in the readme I am unable to link to it from the tribute site until JTE adds it to the new echidnatribe.org site.

sshsigi might make some use out of the source code though.

Sep 3, 2010 at 8:03 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
All fixed and finished and wonderful now! ^_^ Joy! Thank you for the mediafire link, I had lost the code myself and wouldn't have been able to finish it!

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:13 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Updated with a full set of Beta ("Org-01") and Org-03 drums.
Also fixed some volume and drum pitch issues. It's still not perfect, though. It will never be perfect. :(

I hope someone still finds this useful somehow.

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Awesome. I've linked to it from the site if that's okay.

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Of course. <3 Apparently the last version was uploaded to that jp cave story uploader thing? That's cool too.

Ah, damn. Sorry about the double-update, but I missed something obvious which makes the drums sound very much not-ear-breaking when played at extreme low keys for ambience. The waves, they need to be like, smoothed and such. I'm not sure how to do the same thing for higher pitched noises, though. :(

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:00 AM
Remember all that trouble I had with the drumsets?
It turns out the first release was right, and all my test cases after that were tainted by the internal drums issue. x_x;; It was a lot more widespread than I had thought... I was using Gestation as one of my test cases, and trying to make the wrong drums sound the same as the right drums.

To finally figure out what was going on after 7 years, eesh. I am shamed.
... ... ...
Well. I suppose if it's fixed now, I should give it to you. Decided to give this thing a proper license too, so you know.
Not that it matters, since WinAmp has died in that time and is currently in the process of being reborn as a different company's new product. Time goes on.

Maybe you can still use this to play Cave Story music in ZDoom?

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:11 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I still use winamp

Feb 28, 2015 at 2:52 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hi!

I fooled a bit around with the source code as after an hour of playtime I noticed a loop didn't end on its own...

So, I added a configuration dialog where you can input the number of times you would like a song to get played.
e.g.
0: .org file will loop infinite times
1: .org file will play once
2: .org file will play once and jump to the loop-position at the end to play once more (=> play 2 times)
3: .org file will play 3 times
etc.
I also fixed a volume-problem that caused the .org to play at full volume every time.

Install:
Copy the in_org.dll into your WinAmp/Plugin/ directory and restart Winamp.

Usage:
Winamp -> Options -> Settings -> Plugins -> input -> JTE's org player v1.08 config -> configurate
Change Value accordant to the explanation above to what you want.

Developing:
as the Licence is the WTFPL, I took the liberty to make a wxdevc++ project out of it and added a .rh and .h file for the dialogs. other changes regard the init() function (loading settings), the config-function (creating the settings window) and some #defines to for the config-window. The main-functionality change is minor and consists of a few changed/added lines in set_step().
Furthermore I commented the "mod.outMod->SetVolume(255);"-line out within the play()-function. I'm not sure why you wanted to force the songs be played at full volume, but I like to be able to control my pc-volume on my own.
As I'm not related to the main development, I made a new subversion 1.08 but with a text-postfix "config" to indicate this is a branch.

Download (with source)
http://phi.pf-control.de/Programms/in_org108config.zip

Tested:
I used the .org files from http://www.cavestory.org/download/music.php and they seem to play as expected with this dll-branch.

Btw: maybe Github would be a more suitable place for this form of open-source/WTFPL/Code-Project ?

Mar 7, 2015 at 11:11 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Mind if I add it to the site?

Mar 14, 2015 at 2:06 PM
Yeah, the only reason there isn't already a GitHub for this is because it started back in 2008 when such things were somewhat less prevalent and your version is the first outside contribution I've had in those 7 years. This is my first time saying this, but: Thank you for just DOING WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANTED TO! :p

To that end, I've added a new GitHub repository at https://github.com/Yukitty/in_org but I don't know how/if I can add your changes while properly attributing it to you, so if you could make a pull request or push or something whenever you get the chance...? The same applies to anyone else who wants to contribute, please feel free.

Aug 6, 2016 at 5:24 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Hey uhm... I noticed something...
Certain songs (mainly the main / plantation theme) sound awful.
This is because of the Wave 63 sample, which is corrupted or something (in any case it definitely is different from the sample in Org Maker / OrgView / Cave Story in general), I'd fix that myself but I can't / don't know how
if you could fix that that'd be lovely.

Aug 8, 2016 at 9:24 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Hey uhm... I noticed something...
Certain songs (mainly the main / plantation theme) sound awful.
This is because of the Wave 63 sample, which is corrupted or something (in any case it definitely is different from the sample in Org Maker / OrgView / Cave Story in general), I'd fix that myself but I can't / don't know how
if you could fix that that'd be lovely.
I know this thread is old as hell and probably nobody cares about this issue but I just wanted to point it out :c

Aug 8, 2016 at 9:46 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I think it would make more sense to raise this as a GitHub issue.
At least, it has a slightly better chance of being noticed by the project maintainer.

Aug 8, 2016 at 10:08 AM
Alright, I'll try that

Aug 27, 2016 at 8:47 AM
Sorry I wasn't paying attention! Fixed!

Aug 28, 2016 at 12:01 AM
Sorry I wasn't paying attention! Fixed!
I highly appreciate the effort
But it seems that it's still broken
Same sample, it seems even worse now
Sorry :c

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:50 AM