Why Quote is different from other robots?

May 21, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
My theory is that Quote and Curly had a different creator from the other robots, and that this different creator had different intentions from the creator(s) of the killer robots. He therefore sent the two to destroy the Demon Crown. Kindof a no-brainer if you ask me. As for how he lost his memories... The closest thing I can come to a theory on that is that he got hit by Miakid so hard that he had to repair himself over a slow process that takes somewhere around ten years. A drawback to it though, being that if he runs this protocol, he's at great risk of losing his memories. The greater the damage, the more memories lost. And maybe Curly wasn't hit by Miakid quite as hard as Quote was, and woke up before he did, and that's how she remembered her name? There isn't really any evidence to support that theory, but it's the best I can come up with.

May 21, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Based Member
You mean that Quote could repair himself?
Pretty much. Lie some sort of internal protocol. Just very, very slowly, as well as putting him at risk of losing his memories the more severe the damage. But it's not even a theory, it's just a hypothesis.

Maybe someone else repaired him?
I doubt that. But I guess I can't prove you wrong...

May 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Based Member
Hmm... So maybe Misery or someone erased his memory and teleported him into that cave? Everything is possible.
It's all really up to the player, but considering that Curly was able to lose her memory yet again by drowning, I think it's possible that that just happens to robots like Quote and Curly when they suffer an injury or something like that.

May 21, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
As Hayden mentioned before, Quote & Curly are often mistaken for being killer robots, but are in fact a different type of robot sent to destroy the Demon Crown (and its wearer apparently) rather than retrieve it for the use of the nations of the surface.

May 21, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Also they are a better make than the robot soldiers (killer robots) as Kazuma pointed out. It's likely that the robot soldiers are made using cheaper components in the interest of mass production. That and the fact that Quote and Curly were sent on a mission that completely opposed Miakid, the robot soldiers, and the governments that proposed the retrieval of the crown... well until Miakid stole the crown for himself, then everyone wanted him dead.

May 22, 2012 at 2:20 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Honestly, some of this info isn't even canon. It's pretty much up for the fans to decide, i've read some fan fics about this.

Also, thanks for the friend add. :D

May 22, 2012 at 5:00 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
If you guys doesn't know...

When computers get BSOD it usually says there might be potential memory loss.

Curly and Quote probably stored all their memories in their robots' equivalent of RAM, while only their instinct and stuffs gets saved in disk.

Obviously they would lose their memory if they get shut down.

May 22, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
May 28, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Quote and Curly were robots intelligent enough to choose the intelligent pattern in nature, in other words to be a "good guy". They could choose this pattern only if their programmer was knowledgable enough about fill them with good information, using which they made the deduction via mathematical patterns. Ok, I've taken this thread too seriously...