Why does Quote wake up in the Start Point?

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:28 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
X-Calibar said:
Quote was likely shifted into existence at the mysterious Start Point. Before this, Quote was probably to BE Curly Brace, or at least Curly Brace had not been part of existence yet. (Quote might have very well been named Curly Brace)

So basically, when Curly Brace, the female robot we all know and love, was brought into existence... Quote was... displaced, the world split, and things became a very different alternate reality. You might think that our "Cave Story" to be the only possiblity. But, before Quote was brought to Start Point, there was a Beta Reality, and maybe an Alpha Reality.

Why did things change? Was it for the best?

In any case, I believe Quote is the only Traveller that remains from those earlier realities. And perhaps the reason he has amnesia, is because this is not his original world, not the one he'd known and lived in. Everything here is similar... yet different. So, he might as well just say, that he has amnesia if nothing is the same.
And it's probably why he doesn't try to use the Ma Pignon on himself. There wasn't anything for him to recall, because he is a guest in the shoes of the supposed "Quote" that should have been from this existence.

PrtPhoto.gif

It's a theory anyways!

If you want answers to why Quote ended up there... There has to be some connection to the Gunsmith. If not for the Gunsmith, Quote would be locked within First Cave, unable to escape. That singular monster door will not allow Quote to escape otherwise. There must be some reason a world class gunsmith and a world class robot just happen to be sealed in a cave together...

Also what is the shape of First Cave? Is it the shape of a tanuki (japanese racoon dog)? Could that have any significance?
Ah, but you see, if time and space were being changed like this and there were people out of their correct dimension, then we'd be getting a visit from our favorite Timelord, now wouldn't we?

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:47 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I hope you're a timelord because that post was from two years ago

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:57 AM
"Huzzah!"
I think jenka might have had something to do with it, just like jenka probably had something to do with curly finding the colons and taking care of them.
Simple, stupid answer: Because Pixel said so. :p

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:37 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
During the climactic battle against miakid, something could have gone wrong with the teleporters, displacing them. it would explain a lot on how some people are in strange places on the island. And the mimigas not living in mimiga village could have been related to the village mimigas by a generation or 2 if they were displaced by this (depending on how long ago it was.)

No tardis could save you from replying to an old post, because you already posted that post. To revert that would mean that you never needed a time machine in the first place, meaning that you never have asked the doctor for help, meaning that there are two contradicting things happening at once in the universe, therefore causing a paradox and blowing a few minds at the same time.
Its kinda like in MMF2 if you do "start of frame, set counter to 1" and having a contradicting term running at the same time that says "start of frame, set counter to 2." It confuses the computer.

Sep 12, 2015 at 7:44 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
So, Quote wakes up in the cave, and the only things here are 2 doors, one leading to Gunsmith, and the second to mimiga village. So, mimiga can't fly, then they wouldn't be able to deliver quote up there.
The only explanation is that either Hermit rescued Quote, or someone did it. Well, another option is that Quote went there by himself and eventually got 'amesia-ed', but it makes no sense since Quote can't fly. Am I right?

No. I am not. Hermit would remember Quote if he saved him, but he doesn't when Quote returns with the polar star. Also, Misery isn't recognising Quote, neither is Balrog or anyone else.

So who did this? Who knocked out/saved Quote and putted him there?

The answer is: Quote himself. How? Well, we don't know how long have Quote been lying there. We can for sure see some kind of blocks placed in rocks. Same in other places. Now time for my theory.

First Cave was previously some kind of building, maybe even village. That's why hermit's house is there, maybe he is the only survivor. When Miakid had demon crown, or anyone else, everything was being destroyed by the whole war. So many, MANY villages, towns, buildings, everything started to break. So maybe Quote was fighting with mimigas, or doing anything, and he was knocked out by one of them, and he was left there. Well, he's a robot, isn't he? He isn't getting old or anything. Then he was lying here, and years were going. That's why he wakes up here. And that's why there are blocks everywhere. So yeah. That's my theory. It's kinda long, i know. Thanks for reading.