Which ending was most epic?

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:52 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
carrotlord said:
But how do you explain the ending credits with people on the island still alive? Or did the ending credits take place before all of that happened? What about the littler puppies in Jenka's house? Those weren't there before. So it must have taken place after the crash.

Originally, I thought they all died too. Now it seems more confusing than that.

That only confirms that Jenka and her dogs lived (because she's magical of course) and that the people at the hospital lived too I think (don't remember the credits off of the top of my head), since maybe they're close enough to the core that nothing crushed them.

I'd say it's safe to assume that everyone else (like most/all of the mimigas) died too. It's unknown, though.

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:55 PM
"Huzzah!"
That would mean the Grandpa Mimiga died then.

Mar 21, 2010 at 10:02 PM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
In the end...

People live, Mimigas die...

I'm happy for playing an awoesome game

Mar 21, 2010 at 10:24 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
A floating island dropping out of the clouds would really hurt anything it landed near. I'll let someone else do the math.

Mar 21, 2010 at 10:32 PM
"Huzzah!"
In the game, it seems to just land softly. But in real life, that would have been like an atomic bomb blast.

Mar 21, 2010 at 11:46 PM
"Huzzah!"
Why go with a bunch of boring scientists when you can live with Curly and Balrog?

Mar 22, 2010 at 12:15 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Jay City said:
Why go with a bunch of boring scientists when you can live with Curly and Balrog?

Yeah, soap and more robots is way more fun than people.

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:42 PM
"Huzzah!"
Flying soap, to a faraway island? :(

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:37 AM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I'd actually say that the normal ending is by far the most epic, as far as how it's lead up to. I mean, it's the final showdown with the guys that've been pissing you off the entire game, and it pertains the most to the story as it was up to that point. I think the final battle with Sue, Misery and Doc is the most deserving of the term "final battle" and most deserving of that kickass theme that plays during it.

Not that I have anything against Ballos, the backstory you DO get about him throughout the Sacred Grounds is enough to make him a really cool bad guy. He just sort of has that "Who the hell is Necron? Isn't Kuja the last boss?" or "Yu Yevon's stupid, the battle with Jecht should've been the last fight :C" thing from Final Fantasy 9 and 10 respectively.

Of course, as far as endings themselves go, I like the "good" ending the most, though the normal one has some good bittersweet vibes going. And I like Sue better as a Mimiga, but hey.

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:41 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Most epic? Definitely the normal one. I mean, the only thing Quote could've done to make his jump more epic was if he yelled "CANNONBALL!!!"

The so called good ending was almost more pathetic than the bad one. Live on for the rest of our days in relaxation? Far from epic.

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:17 AM
"Huzzah!"
I wouldn't call it pathetic, maybe just more anti-climatic.