Which character do you think should get their own game?

Aug 4, 2014 at 2:40 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Wow. It has been an ETERNITY since i last came on this forum. I don't think anyone even knows who i am because i was only on here for a short time. But I'm back, for whoever even remembers me. :p

Anyways, which of the characters in Cave Story do you think would be interesting enough to have their own game? Personally, i think Misery would make a pretty cool protagonist in her own game. Her backstory is so interesting to me, and i would love to see exactly what happens to her; how she became a servant of the Demon Crown, etc.

Aug 4, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
any fan loved character who could have a good game as to their backstory. I'm thinking Misery and King would be two characters who would be interesting protagonists.

Aug 4, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I think that Misery would be pretty neat as a protagonist, too, but I'd also like to see Sue or Curly. Probably just in a small side game or story, but it'd be nice to see nonetheless!

Also, all of the characters so far have gotten their own mods. Pretty much none of them finished, but hey! What's there is interesting.

Aug 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
Ma Pignon deserves a game.
He just does, look at him.
It could be about not being eaten, or how he summons infinite boulders, or something.

Aug 4, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Cedar210 said:
I'm thinking Misery and King would be two characters who would be interesting protagonists.
I agree with you. Misery and King are the most interesting and deep characters in the game.

Aug 4, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Arthur could have his own game.

I've always wondered what Curly Brace's story could be like as well. And I mean Curly Brace in Cave Story, not Curly Story.

Aug 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
#BringBackMiseryStory

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:21 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
grimdragon32 said:
Arthur could have his own game.
This.

I can't think of anything that has already been said. Maybe one of the mimigas at the Plantation? That'd be short, though...

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
Shadowcat said:
This.

I can't think of anything that has already been said. Maybe one of the mimigas at the Plantation? That'd be short, though...
I just had an idea for an iPhone cave story spinoff.
You play as the doctor, and you have to build farms and houses and stuff to keep the mimiga slaves and those giant noseless ballos guys, so that you can farm red flowers and weed.
And like, you buy people to go out and grab you new mimigas, and mimiga breeding houses because I swear king said there's 9 in the village, there's a few captured in cages and a few in plantation.
Of course there'll be more.

Yup.

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:37 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Reddeh Le Steddeh said:
I just had an idea for an iPhone cave story spinoff.
You play as the doctor, and you have to build farms and houses and stuff to keep the mimiga slaves and those giant noseless ballos guys, so that you can farm red flowers and weed.
And like, you buy people to go out and grab you new mimigas, and mimiga breeding houses because I swear king said there's 9 in the village, there's a few captured in cages and a few in plantation.
Of course there'll be more.

Yup.
Perfect. Wasn't exactly what I was thinking, but perfect nonetheless.

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
I sense FarmVille. And it is terrifying.

To be honest, all I want is for Nicalis to leave it alone.

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:11 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Reddeh Le Steddeh said:
king said there's 9 in the village,
I think he said 6. Let's see... King, Jack, Mahin, Toroko, Kanpachi, and Sandaime. 7 if Sue. Santa and Chaco live in Grasstown.

Aug 4, 2014 at 8:10 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Curly would have an awesome game. Especially if it were post cave story and had some flair to go with it. Even some girly shit would be cool to throw in. She is a super cool robot cyborg thing and actually speaks so her getting a story independent of Cave Story would be great.

Aug 4, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Offensive User
A game revolving around Dr. Gero where he treats patients in the Labyrinth. Voice over narration while treating his patients, reflecting on his past. It has to be very artsy and very, /very/ pretentious.

Aug 4, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
Curly would have an awesome game. Especially if it were post cave story and had some flair to go with it. Even some girly shit would be cool to throw in. She is a super cool robot cyborg thing and actually speaks so her getting a story independent of Cave Story would be great.
I agree with everything you just said completely. :D

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:33 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Aug 5, 2014 at 12:50 AM
"Huzzah!"
You know what guys, the minions in Cave Story deserve their own shot at stardom.
And I know what baddie deserves a chance:

p186753-0-csfrog.gif

This Guy!!!

He's perfect! Just give him a weapon, a cat for a boss, and he's all set! :orangebell:

(Oh wait...)

Aug 5, 2014 at 3:47 AM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I demand a story for the Polar Star

Aug 5, 2014 at 4:09 AM
Perpetually out of it
UltimateBalrog said:
also, what's #bringbackmiserystory?
Eternal torment for Doors.