What you REALLY want from the next CS release

Oct 28, 2012 at 4:38 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Actually if you look at the actual cave story, the sprites take up at least 80% of the data
plus nicalis doesn't appear to use indexed bitmaps so they're all 24-bpp unless they did it different for not-CS+, so ponder that posie

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:59 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Actually if you look at the actual cave story, the sprites take up at least 80% of the data
plus nicalis doesn't appear to use indexed bitmaps so they're all 24-bpp unless they did it different for not-CS+, so ponder that posie
That actually makes a lot of sense... especially when you consider all the different frames of animation for the sprites.

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
in the next cave story release I would like a sequel.

Nov 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
What I really want to see is another game where quote realizes it was all a dream but still wakes up in first cave, and the storyline is different storyline. This time quote would meet a group of scout robots and get different weapons, maybe even some surface gameplay.

Feb 9, 2015 at 9:36 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
For the next CS release I would really like the textures to be drawn like in Rayman Origins. That would look EPIC.

Feb 9, 2015 at 9:57 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
ocass66 said:
For the next CS release I would really like the textures to be drawn like in Rayman Origins. That would look EPIC.
That would be awesome. I saw a picture on the Ubuntu Software Center of fan art that looked like it.

p158857-0-cavestory00409409.jpg

srpokemon said:
What I really want to see is another game where quote realizes it was all a dream but still wakes up in first cave, and the storyline is different storyline. This time quote would meet a group of scout robots and get different weapons, maybe even some surface gameplay.
That would ruin the first game!!! But surface gameplay would be interesting.

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:28 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
ocass66 said:
there's not going to be another cave story release kid
and even if there is it would probably just be a straight port to random console, there's no way that's going to happen

Feb 10, 2015 at 1:21 AM
Been here way too long...
Old topic!
ocass66, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 10, 2015 at 1:22 AM
"..."
Thatnamelessguy said:
there's not going to be another cave story release kid
and even if there is it would probably just be a straight port to random console, there's no way that's going to happen
For the most part we are finished with any sort of remake. Every official console port is a rehash of CS+ (sometimes with the old graphics and sound), besides CS3D.

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:50 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
deleted

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2015 at 4:05 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
funwillfunwill said:
For the most part we are finished with any sort of remake.
Unless Nicalis plans an OUYA release. They'll just go on a killstreak.

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:12 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
ocass66 said:
It would certainly be quite pretty, and more fitting than 3D's cold models. :3

I don't think we are getting a remake of anything of that sort soon, of course, if at all. But if that ever happens and if the budget is permitting, I think that sort of graphical style would mesh well with Cave Story.

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:25 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Maybe a steam workshop like feature- A level editor would be amazing, especially if you could share the levels you have made.

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:24 AM
"Huzzah!"
QuoteHax said:
Maybe a steam workshop like feature- A level editor would be amazing, especially if you could share the levels you have made.
That and maybe some sort of backstory game or something.
Even if it's just a battle with the demon king that curly and quote fought in the past...

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:32 AM
"..."
alfasketer said:
Unless Nicalis plans an OUYA release. They'll just go on a killstreak.
I meant that they are all just ports of CS+ for the most part.

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:13 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I think that if they ever make a new version, they should make it like the japanese box art for cave story 3D, and it would be HD. They could also actually put some effort into it, and make it the best it can ever be.

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:35 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
You know what CS 2 needs? Cats. Lots of cats please. I'll be happy.

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:01 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
deleted

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2015 at 4:29 PM
War criminal
That doesn't happen if you put Debug Cat or even Monster X in the same room with the puppies.