Votes: 4 14.8%
  • King

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sue

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
Dec 1, 2012 at 6:20 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I just got the Toroko one and was wondering how common the Quote/Curly/Toroko/King/Sue ones were compared to eachother.

Dec 1, 2012 at 6:38 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Ever since I got King on my title screen, I put a backup of the game everywhere I could because it took me FOREVER to beat Hell under four minutes and I don't want to have to get it back if I ever somehow lose the game.

Dec 1, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
King.
Best song ever.

Dec 1, 2012 at 7:04 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yeah, I agree, too bad my best time is 4:58:00 :/

Dec 1, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
You can just download the 290.rec files from the CaveStory.org website.

Dec 1, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Where's the fun in that?

Anyway, when I played Cave Story for the first time, and I was at the choice with Kazuma, the idea of stopping the Doctor seemed impossible. When I went back to the main menu, and saw Quote at the main menu, and heard the Cave Story theme playing, for some reason those two things, along with thoughts buzzing around in my mind of "All is lost... there's no chance of stopping the Doctor... what can I do?", I was struck with a huge blow of epicness. Ever since then, I've kinda liked having Quote at the main menu. Though I keep it at Sue all the time, because I like being able to look at my best time at the top of the screen, and know that it was my own Hell run that got me that.

Dec 1, 2012 at 10:36 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Ever since the situation happened in the warehouse, I always wanted the King icon. Took me forever just to get Curly (Once, I was like, 2 seconds of margin) After that, It took a long time to get good and fast at it to get Toroko. Then even more time to get King. (I actually thought it was impossible to do under 4 min until I had a time of like, 3'09'8 or something) I would prefer to have the icon's change as you progress through the game.
Quote (Start to Sand Zone)
Curly (Labyrinth to Mimiga village 2nd time through)
Toroko (Egg Corridor? to After getting thrown in Jail)
King (After getting thrown in Jail to Balcony)
Sue (Balcony to end of game)

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:34 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

...? I'm confused. You mean like the title screen of the game?? Like where it has Quote walkin?? You can change them??? Idk maybe I've seen this before and I forgot (cause I know I beat the game/endings) but.. I'm confused, can someone please explain to me? >_<

I figured out why, its cause my speedruns were too slow, so i never..got...any...weep

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:39 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Rubyyoshi said:
Ever since the situation happened in the warehouse, I always wanted the King icon. Took me forever just to get Curly (Once, I was like, 2 seconds of margin) After that, It took a long time to get good and fast at it to get Toroko. Then even more time to get King. (I actually thought it was impossible to do under 4 min until I had a time of like, 3'09'8 or something) I would prefer to have the icon's change as you progress through the game.
Quote (Start to Sand Zone)
Curly (Labyrinth to Mimiga village 2nd time through)
Toroko (Egg Corridor? to After getting thrown in Jail)
King (After getting thrown in Jail to Balcony)
Sue (Balcony to end of game)
That sort of takes the feeling of reward out of it. It's very satisfying to boot up the game and be greeted by a reminder of how fast you could destroy Pixel's ultimate challenge for you.

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:13 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Carrotlord said:
I know I can, but at the time I didn't want to get the King title screen the lazy way, because I knew that it would all be worth it in the end, and now I feel oh so proud of myself for doing it the hard way.