What if Quote were in Super Smash Bros?

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:49 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
cross your fingers and pray to shigeru nintendomoto

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:06 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I wish, but probably not.

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:09 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
no silverpaw he's the most popular indie character THIS WILL BE HIS MOVESET::

A: fire machine gun
B: throw critter
taunt: curlys panties (XD)
final smash: team up with balrog & KILL THE SH*T OUT OF EVERYONE WITH THE SPUR!!!

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:15 AM
War criminal
NO ITEMS
1V1
QUOTE VS MIKU
FINAL DESTINATION

Nov 12, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
*sigh*

All "Quote in SSB" topics have been merged yet AGAIN.

Use the original thread instead of creating numerous new ones. It isn't bloody rocket science.

Nov 13, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Thatnamelessguy said:
The thing is, the trophies have to be either related to nintendo, or one of the characters in the game, so unless they change stuff in this game, he still has no chance.
p168845-0-tumblrneljsxxovl1sntotwo1r1500.gif
From what I an tell, this trophy's about as recent as Mewtwo is, so this is certainly what one could call "hope" for indie and third-party characters.

Nov 15, 2014 at 4:39 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
deleted

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Banned
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The problem wouldn't be gamers recognizing him, I mean for fucks sake they let Shulk in.
The problem would be Nicalis sucks cock at licensing and Nintendo doesn't give a shit about indie games at all.

And like Captain Fabulous said, he would be a crappier Samus

Dec 1, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
A crappier Samus? I would disagree. There is enough weapons and items alone in CS to create a wide number of attacks. The most basic of actions would be the spur for regular long range fire and for charge shot, blade for melee, and the booster to zip around the stage. Then there will be the nemesis, which would cause more damage at low damage percentages (0-9 for lv1, 10-99 for lv2, lv3 for everything else). Then there would be a final smash move called Iron Bond where Curly appears and for a limited time you can fire in both directions with a greater knockback effect.

Dec 1, 2014 at 8:38 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Then there would be a final smash move called Iron Bond where Curly appears and for a limited time you can fire in both directions with a greater knockback effect.
Wouldn't it be much more fun to have Balrog pull of a Grasstown mini-boss entrance on the enemy instead? :p
I'm thinking something like "Huzzah!" *SLAM* *stuck in ground* *100-hit combo using the Blade*
Also, this could allow having Curly playable too by having her be some of Quote's pallets (Robin style).

Given the offensive options, I think Quote would play more like Mega Man.
I think something like...

Normal-A / Up-A / UAir / DAir: Polar Star
Smash-A / FAir / BAir: Blade (melee)
Plain-B: Fireball
Side-B: Missile, Samus style (including Smash-B for a Super Missile instead of a homing one)
Up-B: Machine gun (if in air, fires straight down to lift you up. On ground, fires diagonally downwards lifting you less. Can be carged for more recoil/damage/bullet size)
Down-B: Nemesis (works as a counter: if an enemy strikes you during the pull-up-gun animation, does a roll and blasts them from behind with the Lv.1 Nemesis. Otherwise, fires a rubber duck that deals no damage whatsoever)

Sure, having both polar star and machine gun kinda breaks the game logic... but most SSB4 players won't care, right :p

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:29 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
i'd would love useing quote, i'd think the polar star can be a fast gun and 1-2 hits does 1% you can switch weapons to a snake or a missile launcher or even energy crystals for attacking the oppenents and level bars, and the smash would be every character in the game doing something special that does a lot of damage kind of like the doctor would send bats everywere or itoh would create a remote bomb all great ideas nintendo needs to do this

Dec 7, 2014 at 4:28 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Knowing Super smash bros will have DLCs it's very plausible! After making this game playable on every new consoles, I still belive in it!

Dec 7, 2014 at 6:12 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I'm going to ask pixel for this... It would introduce more people to the series, and I think many more Cave Story fans would be drawn to it. Just don't use the Cave Story 3D models, though. Make it like the official Japanese box cover artwork!

Dec 7, 2014 at 7:51 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Bionicobot said:
I'm going to ask pixel for this...
Don't. You shouldn't bother a busy man for something that's not going to happen. It just seems extremely disrespectful to ask for something like that, as well as a waste of time.

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Bionicobot said:
I'm going to ask pixel for this... It would introduce more people to the series, and I think many more Cave Story fans would be drawn to it. Just don't use the Cave Story 3D models, though. Make it like the official Japanese box cover artwork!
Actually you would have to ask Nicalis. I'm pretty sure they have the rights to the nintendo ports.

Dec 7, 2014 at 9:26 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Oh, yeah... I guess those are all reasons why I shouldn't... Oh well.

Dec 7, 2014 at 10:07 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Jan 19, 2015 at 7:52 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
2015 here,

The real reasons quote will never be included is that
(A)Lack of fan appeal(putting in quote will not draw more players)
(B, the on you guys seemed to have missed [correct me if I'm wrong]) There will be no sequels (at least not plenty that will bring Nintendo tons of money), so there is no reason to increase fans willing to buy Cave Story games (thats what got Fire Emblem in).

The whole point of SSB is as a super cross over (large fanbase and large exchange of fans).