What does saving Curly have to do with getting to Hell?

Aug 26, 2015 at 12:33 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Hello. I have had a theory for a long time about the Good Ending. My opinion is that the reason you need to save Curly is because the Blood Stained Sanctuary isn't real. It's a figment of Quote's programming. I know it seems stupid but please tell me anything you disagree about.

Aug 26, 2015 at 12:58 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Hello. I have had a theory for a long time about the Good Ending. My opinion is that the reason you need to save Curly is because the Blood Stained Sanctuary isn't real. It's a figment of Quote's programming. I know it seems stupid but please tell me anything you disagree about.
curly opens the door to the building over hell

Aug 26, 2015 at 1:23 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's because Curly's the devil and saving her is a sin, so you get sent to hell as a consequence.

Aug 26, 2015 at 1:26 AM
It's because Curly's the devil and saving her is a sin, so you get sent to hell as a consequence.
I didn't know Robots could be devils, besides, you can just skip the building even if it's open

Aug 26, 2015 at 2:15 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
You're a bit off on that, sir. As stated by Mr. SpurMachine, it isn't possible for a robot to be the devil. Curly isn't exactly the devil, per se, but part of the devil's soul is trapped inside her. Thus, when giving you the iron bond, Quote unknowingly has sold his soul. Curly later goes to Hell to rejoin with the other part of the devil, which resides inside Ballos. Quote realizes her plan and attempts to stop her by attaching her to him

this is a game where ignoring a dying old man causes a rope to appear
who gives a shit honestly
unless you want me to continue to write a shitty fanfiction about curly being the devil because I could do that

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2015 at 2:43 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
The Sacred Grounds were once a happy cheerful place. A place of worship and quiet contemplation where the divine cherub messengers of the redeemed god Ballos convened for the sake of peace and prosperity for all. Central to their religion was the Crown of Ballos, referred to as the Demon Crown by non-believers for it had been stolen and used for nefarious means, much to the dismay of the Order of Ballos.

Alas it wasn't to be. A missionary for the evil god Kanpachi entered the chamber and killed hundreds of the order's messengers. The Order of Ballos had to abandon their peaceful ways for their own survival. They barricaded the passages with the thorns of the Centum Vīgintī-septem plant, as well as Deleets and the assistance of Lord Press, and took up their bows and arrows. Unfortunately the art of war was foreign to the Order of Ballos, for bows and arrows were no longer effective. The order brought down the missionary only from cornering the missionary with barricades and then overwhelming her with sheer numbers.

Unfortunately the island became unstable and continuous Deleet blasts shook open a hole in the roof, allowing another missionary to enter the sacred chamber. The order tried their best but they couldn't save themselves, Lord Press or the Divine One.

In the end Ballos wanted to die, for despite his title as the Redeemed God, he never truly felt redeemed, and despite the efforts of his followers they couldn't save their god from himself.

In the end the evil missionaries left the Sacred Chamber. The order was forced to dig mass graves for their dead. Lord Press sadly couldn't even have that despite all he did. The grounds were now tainted. Whatever survivors left the once-sacred chamber bitter with the world.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2015 at 6:46 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
What if the whole "Good Ending" really was just a huge dream by Quote, who was unable to cope with Curly's death or the destruction of the island, especially after King and Toroko died.

The first decision you can make to save a life is with Booster (shortly after King and Toroko's deaths, I might add). You literally have to skip right over him, ignore him, to further the Good Ending. How would Quote have known to ignore him if he didn't know what would happen otherwise?

After this, he is desperate for a way to carry Curly to safety. So he rips a piece of one of the broken robots out and calls it the "Tow Rope". Then he makes up this idea of a magical mushroom that he supposedly gets from the already-shady Cthulhu.

However, after the repeat of the fight with the Doctor, the dream begins to turn into a nightmare as he realizes that Curly, Booster, etc. are all truly gone. There is nothing he can do to save them. So he descends into the depths of Hell, where he faces off with angels and demons before finally coming to accept all of the death he has faced and waking up.

That's what the words in the Seal Chamber mean. "So hot... the pain..." It's Quote's pain, not Ballos'.

EDIT:

This is merely a way of looking at the whole situation. I personally think that Pixel just failed miserably at splitting the two endings.

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:26 AM
Its dark in here
What if the whole "Good Ending" really was just a huge dream by Quote, who was unable to cope with Curly's death or the destruction of the island, especially after King and Toroko died.

The first decision you can make to save a life is with Booster (shortly after King and Toroko's deaths, I might add). You literally have to skip right over him, ignore him, to further the Good Ending. How would Quote have known to ignore him if he didn't know what would happen otherwise?

After this, he is desperate for a way to carry Curly to safety. So he rips a piece of one of the broken robots out and calls it the "Tow Rope". Then he makes up this idea of a magical mushroom that he supposedly gets from the already-shady Cthulhu.

However, after the repeat of the fight with the Doctor, the dream begins to turn into a nightmare as he realizes that Curly, Booster, etc. are all truly gone. There is nothing he can do to save them. So he descends into the depths of Hell, where he faces off with angels and demons before finally coming to accept all of the death he has faced and waking up.

That's what the words in the Seal Chamber mean. "So hot... the pain..." It's Quote's pain, not Ballos'.

EDIT:

This is merely a way of looking at the whole situation. I personally think that Pixel just failed miserably at splitting the two endings.
note that the third ending was made very shortly after the other 2 were made. sacred grounds was actually a level made for players who said that the rest of the game was too easy

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:02 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
note that the third ending was made very shortly after the other 2 were made. sacred grounds was actually a level made for players who said that the rest of the game was too easy

Oh wow. Pixel really gave them a kick to the balls, then.

Sep 5, 2015 at 3:52 AM
Well

The Sacred Grounds were once a happy cheerful place. A place of worship and quiet contemplation where the divine cherub messengers of the redeemed god Ballos convened for the sake of peace and prosperity for all. Central to their religion was the Crown of Ballos, referred to as the Demon Crown by non-believers for it had been stolen and used for nefarious means, much to the dismay of the Order of Ballos.

Alas it wasn't to be. A missionary for the evil god Kanpachi entered the chamber and killed hundreds of the order's messengers. The Order of Ballos had to abandon their peaceful ways for their own survival. They barricaded the passages with the thorns of the Centum Vīgintī-septem plant, as well as Deleets and the assistance of Lord Press, and took up their bows and arrows. Unfortunately the art of war was foreign to the Order of Ballos, for bows and arrows were no longer effective. The order brought down the missionary only from cornering the missionary with barricades and then overwhelming her with sheer numbers.

Unfortunately the island became unstable and continuous Deleet blasts shook open a hole in the roof, allowing another missionary to enter the sacred chamber. The order tried their best but they couldn't save themselves, Lord Press or the Divine One.

In the end Ballos wanted to die, for despite his title as the Redeemed God, he never truly felt redeemed, and despite the efforts of his followers they couldn't save their god from himself.

In the end the evil missionaries left the Sacred Chamber. The order was forced to dig mass graves for their dead. Lord Press sadly couldn't even have that despite all he did. The grounds were now tainted. Whatever survivors left the once-sacred chamber bitter with the world.
Did you make a storyline yourself?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 5, 2015 at 10:04 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Unfortunately the art of war was foreign to the Order of Ballos, for bows and arrows were no longer effective.
8 damage from those pixel-thin, dinky looking arrows is considered outdated? :momo:

Sep 9, 2015 at 3:17 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I thought that it was because of the Iron Bond item that Curly gives you. It broke some kinda seal or something, due to *Makes cutesy face* THE POWER OF LOVE :toroko:

Sep 9, 2015 at 3:53 AM
Its dark in here
perhaps cthulu is the one who opens hell after he sees you save curly?

Sep 9, 2015 at 2:46 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Perhaps Curly went in the Prefab Building while Quote was fighting the 3 bosses.

Sep 12, 2015 at 5:29 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Perhaps Curly went in the Prefab Building while Quote was fighting the 3 bosses.
Yea, for sure curly did this, that's why she lies on the floor when you go there, it shows you that she went there before you. If she weren't alive, she wouldn't do this, so you wouldn't able to go there, because you didn't know about this passage. That's why saving her = going to hell. The only question is: how did she know about this passage and why did she go there? And that's the most interesting part. I still can't figure it out.

Sep 19, 2015 at 6:49 PM
Backseat moderating/misaccusation
BUMP:

This thread is dead. Please don't reply anymore.

Sep 19, 2015 at 7:40 PM
Professional Whatever
you got it pal