What do you think should happen when it's the 20th anniversary of Cave Story

Sep 13, 2021 at 6:50 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Its so cool to see all the cave story people like my favorite is prolly aar

Sep 13, 2021 at 9:35 PM
"Huzzah!"
Its so cool to see all the cave story people like my favorite is prolly aar
Good for you, though you really didn't need to revive a dead 3 year old thread.

Sep 14, 2021 at 8:57 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Good for you, though you really didn't need to revive a dead 3 year old thread.
It's pretty rad to see this thread tho, but yeah, probably nothing will happen for the 20th anniversary. A good remake would be rad tho.

Sep 14, 2021 at 10:42 PM
"Huzzah!"
It's pretty rad to see this thread tho, but yeah, probably nothing will happen for the 20th anniversary. A good remake would be rad tho.
We already have Cave Story Plus. Why would we need another remake?

Sep 15, 2021 at 12:11 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
We already have Cave Story Plus. Why would we need another remake?
I guess more in the style of 3D. I don't want a 3D Cave Story again, but a remake with more of a style change would be interesting. Besides a remake, I really don't know what else could possibly come from a 20th anniversary.

More merchandising? Or hell, maybe a "Definitive Edition Update" with the CS3D levels added into the 2D game. Or hell, even a PS5 and Xbox Series X port would be neat.

We can't really expect too much for this gen since we already have the game on modern Nintendo hardware.

Sep 15, 2021 at 5:24 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
A remake of 3D with graphics for a next gen console and a different artistic style would be nice.

Cave Story could be very pretty. 3D did some nice thing with lighting that the switch port didn't count.

Sep 15, 2021 at 5:43 PM
Imagine Cave Story: 20th Anniversary Edition and it looked like this.

I'd literally cry.

Ce3TF9JWQAAvyxp.png

Sep 15, 2021 at 6:58 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Sep 15, 2021 at 7:12 PM
That looks pretty cool. Where is that image from? It kind of reminds me of the glimpses we've gotten of CS ~ Encore.
It's from a digital artist that goes by "Castpixel." Interestingly enough, they WERE hired by Nicalis for a remake, but apparently the game made no progress after they finished some spritework. The story of the project goes REALLY deep, but I won't ramble here, haha.

Oct 7, 2022 at 2:44 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
really cool

king sword plushy PLS NICALIS
I think there is a 20% nicalis would release a set of cave story plushies and a 1% chance that nicalis would ask pixel if they can remake Cave Story Beta
But I would love to see both of those happening!