What destroyed the Egg Corridor?

Jul 7, 2020 at 3:45 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Why did the Dragon Eggs all hatch? Did they destroy the Egg Corridor? You just teleport to it like Kazuma tells you to and it's totally fucked.

What happened? Did the Doctor hatch the Dragon Eggs? Why? Did Misery and Balrog do it? Was the near-destruction of the Core at the end of the Labyrinth enough to make them hatch? Did Kazuma rip a giant massive wave motion gun fart down the Corridor after eating too much Ramen?

Wha hoppent?

Jul 7, 2020 at 3:50 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I can imagine the Sisters were behind it. As hinted though the egg observation room, eggs #1 and #6 were listed as unstable. So there's a good chance they hatched unexpectedly while Kazuma has reached Egg #00 and caused havoc in the Egg Corridor. Not sure how the exploding gas cloud came to be, though.

Jul 7, 2020 at 3:56 AM
Based Member
This has been discussed a few times before, and there are a few theories. Some people think it had to do with the instability that occurred when Quote and Curly fought the Core, while others think it may have had to do with the fact since both Igor and the late professor (not Booster, but another professor) weren't around to tend to the eggs, that resulted in a lot of problems with the eggs, and a lot of things in the lab going haywire.

Some people also think that it may have been caused by Kazuma messing around in Egg No 0. As for how he managed to screw that up, Nighth made a little cartoon several years back that illustrates it much better than I could:
p170325-0-tumblrmpear5f4ju1qgomego11280.png

p170325-1-tumblrmpear5f4ju1qgomego21280.png

p170325-2-tumblrmpear5f4ju1qgomego31280.png

p170325-3-tumblrmpear5f4ju1qgomego41280.png

Jul 7, 2020 at 6:46 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I wonder if it was something the Doctor ordered Misery to do?

Think about it. How can Quote possibly get to the Throne Room at this point? He has only one route; through the Egg Corridor, up the Outer Wall, up through the Plantation, through the Last Cave, and over the Balcony.

It makes sense, then, to try to kill Quote at the beginning of that journey, rather than wait until he's halfway up or almost all the way there. The Doctor is in the middle of synthesizing the Red Crystal at this point, and needs time to get it right, so the best thing he can do is slow down the only clear threat to him he knows of (Curly and Quote) as much as he can.

Doctor: "Let's make things tough for our little friends, Misery. Hatch all the Dragon Eggs, and feed them all the Red Flowers."
Misery: "Well you're wearin' your very pretty hat, so you got it Doc"

The only one she's unable to hatch is Egg 00, though, since we see from the monitor that Kazuma seems to have used the password and hatched it the normal way. Since we can't see that it has red eyes (like Kazuma, its eyes are always closed), and it never tries to brutally murder anything, we can presume it hasn't been fed the Red Flower.

I wonder...what could Kazuma possibly have offered Misery to keep her from hatching Egg 00?

Kazuma: "If I take that robot from the surface and leave this Island, will you let this Dragon and me live?"

Kazuma's Faustian Gambit, then.

Jul 7, 2020 at 7:44 AM
War criminal
Whether the Doctor is aware of the Egg Corridor or not, the sky dragons would be deemed useless to him, he's already got an arsenal of Mimigas to enslave, breed like rabbits (huehuehue), and turn into war machines, he's better off sending some Ravils to the Egg Corridor if that were the case. And be it'd only by mere coincidence to the Doctor (or Misery) that the Outer Wall links the Egg Corridor to the Plantation, they'd rather let nature and the hostile environment of the Outer Wall take their course for Quote anyway (much like with Omega, Toroko+, and the Labyrinth).

Also, I'm sure Misery would have Kazuma at her mercy by turning him into a Mimiga or kill him. The eggshells aren't indestructible anyway, she could very well summon something heavy to smash Egg #0 and kill the dragon inside.

Jul 7, 2020 at 12:10 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Whether the Doctor is aware of the Egg Corridor or not, the sky dragons would be deemed useless to him, he's already got an arsenal of Mimigas to enslave, breed like rabbits (huehuehue), and turn into war machines, he's better off sending some Ravils to the Egg Corridor if that were the case. And be it'd only by mere coincidence to the Doctor (or Misery) that the Outer Wall links the Egg Corridor to the Plantation, they'd rather let nature and the hostile environment of the Outer Wall take their course for Quote anyway (much like with Omega, Toroko+, and the Labyrinth).

I don't know about that. The Doctor has already proved that he's a merciless sadist who takes pleasure in inflicting as much pain as possible on whoever or whatever he feels like. I wouldn't put it past him.

Also, I'm sure Misery would have Kazuma at her mercy by turning him into a Mimiga or kill him. The eggshells aren't indestructible anyway, she could very well summon something heavy to smash Egg #0 and kill the dragon inside.

This sounds more plausible, but I feel like Misery has something in her character that the Doctor doesn't. It could be that Kazuma might have had to say something else to her, but I'm of course only trying to fill in empty space with my imagination, at any rate.

Jul 7, 2020 at 5:22 PM
War criminal
I don't know about that. The Doctor has already proved that he's a merciless sadist who takes pleasure in inflicting as much pain as possible on whoever or whatever he feels like. I wouldn't put it past him.
He has shown mercy to Momorin, though it was her knowledge in the red flowers that kept her alive. He also didn't pay mind to Professor Booster either, though whether it was Misery's own doing or her following orders to dispose of him that led to him getting teleported to the Labyrinth is unknown, but they did a horrible job on doing that if the route for the Third Ending is taken. And not only that, I do feel he'd still find the sky dragons useless. Given how long it seemingly takes to incubate the eggs compared to breeding Mimigas, it doesn't take long for one to grow up to the state of becoming a child in order to be useful to him (considering Toroko, Chie, and assumingly the Colons, though the correlation between them and the Ravils on the Balcony may be entirely coincidental). The Dragon Zombies are literally suffering from the damage in the Egg Corridor, and needed to be put down.
This sounds more plausible, but I feel like Misery has something in her character that the Doctor doesn't. It could be that Kazuma might have had to say something else to her, but I'm of course only trying to fill in empty space with my imagination, at any rate.
Misery is a bored individual, and has expressed disinterest in anyone and the island itself. Quote was the most entertainment she got throughout the game, and she cares for the Core because if it gets destroyed, then all the Doctor's plans will be foiled by Uncle Ballos' jihad maneuver to off himself, taking the island with him. The Core was made to counterbalance that. That being said, considering Kazuma is even more of a coward than Itoh is, and he would rather escape the Island, he was even eager to ask Quote to come along. Misery can easily see that in him and torment him by trapping him in the Labyrinth, like what she did to Professor Booster. She isn't very easy to persuade either, she even chooses to let go of Sue via bargaining with Quote, not out of the kindness of her heart (until that got ruined by the Doctor).

Aug 5, 2020 at 5:48 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Pretty sure it was an explosion, that’s what the robot in there said, also all of the dragons hatched so that’s another thing.

Aug 5, 2020 at 8:50 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
relevant
23fee143b9b346c5ab0a0baa23ce4149ebd074cd_hq.jpg

Aug 12, 2020 at 5:43 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I can imagine the Sisters were behind it. As hinted though the egg observation room, eggs #1 and #6 were listed as unstable. So there's a good chance they hatched unexpectedly while Kazuma has reached Egg #00 and caused havoc in the Egg Corridor. Not sure how the exploding gas cloud came to be, though.
I'm sorry for posting late (only recently saw this thread), but eggs 1 and 6 had treasure chests in them. That's why they're marked as odd, to encourage the player to investigate.

As for the corridor, it could be some sort of countermeasure if a wrong password is input for Egg 00, to make the would-be hacker pay. I guess 00 is important enough to sacrifice all the other eggs for? Barring that, I think it could be a combination of the Core battle + no one to tend the eggs if something went wrong.

Everything from the start of Egg Corridor? to until the Plantation was so frigging saddening ;_;

Aug 12, 2020 at 5:47 AM
War criminal
I'm sorry for posting late (only recently saw this thread), but eggs 1 and 6 had treasure chests in them. That's why they're marked as odd, to encourage the player to investigate.
Admittedly, after 8 years of playing the game, I haven't even considered that's the reason. I mean, they do foreshadow the sisters, but holy crap, that makes a whole lot more sense, now.

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

I fucking cried in my first playthrough around there, so I know that feel.