What anti virus do you use?

May 22, 2015 at 10:46 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
I use Kaspersky! I used to use Avira back when I was 12. Though, over time, my PC was so full of Malware, Trojans and Worms, I had to upgrade. In my opinion, it's the best program, you can get.
Some time, I used Norton, because I got it free when buying a PC magazine...
But I got back to Kaspersky, when some adware blocked (!!!!) Norton. I still got the virus somewhere, if you want!... just joking. Or am I?..

However, Kaspersky was always there and I just yesterday bought it for two years ahead! Best investion since buying my Wacom Cintiq 13HD! :D

May 23, 2015 at 12:23 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Anuken said:
According to this, security through obscurity isn't the only thing making linux more secure than windows. Of course, there are many views on this subject, but I would still rather use linux than windows.
1. A trojan can just as easily be triggered by someone with the right permissions.
2. I have root access and regularly use root access in Linux. Why anyone would restrict themselves in that manner is beyond me.
3. This kind of makes my point for me. Every Linux build is different because the software installed on it varies from person to person, which makes the user base for any exploitable software even smaller. As I also said before, software like php and mysql, which are used by a huge number of Linux-based (or Unix-based) web servers are regularly targeted, because when it comes to web servers, Linux, not Windows, is king. But within personal use there is no coherence over what software may be installed, and this makes personal Linux computers unviable for receiving and spreading viruses.
4. Also agrees with my point. Take the sum total of Windows users out of everyone with a computer, now reduce that to the number of users who can be exploited, and then reduce that to the to the number who have the means to be exploited, and then finally those that are. Now try that with Linux and you'll see that it doesn't add up. A Linux virus would be a novelty to its creator, nothing more.
5. Open source also makes it easier to write viruses that target a specific piece of software. And you can patch the software all you want, but once a backdoor is created you have serious problems.

Jul 17, 2015 at 10:05 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I use Comodo. It is pretty good if you disable the sandbox function. Otherwise, it blocks my Cave Story from saving that way.
I used to use Viper until I ran out of licenses. Oh, well. It was a b**** when it came to 99.9% of my stuff, anyways.