well, that's adorable

Jun 9, 2010 at 7:44 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Noxid said:
This forum has a rather.. primitive philosophy where rules are RULES and there is no reasonable exception unless you have special privilege or something. Bumping old threads is against the rules and without rules what sort of GODLESS HELLSCAPE would we live in. Clearly this is for the best.

Oh and Pixel Forbid that anyone should come up with a new theory that conflicts with an existing theory on a question that was settled in the days of yore. Clearly they are fools of the lowest caliber for not knowing and accepting what has come to pass.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Jun 9, 2010 at 8:28 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Fire1052 said:
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

wat mean

Jun 9, 2010 at 8:45 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Fire1052 said:
I see what you mean, but I don't believe this is true.

Jun 9, 2010 at 9:41 PM
Banned
thecrown said:
I see what you mean, but I don't believe this is true.

"What I mean?" Aristotle said it, not me.

Jun 9, 2010 at 9:44 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
I'm trying to rephrase for epic irony.

Jun 9, 2010 at 9:51 PM
Banned
Jun 9, 2010 at 10:47 PM
Pirate Member
Jun 10, 2010 at 12:02 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Noxid, you just got Aristhrottled, bitch.
But honestly, this place has no rules unless you're being annoying. It's adorable.

Jun 10, 2010 at 12:24 AM
Banned
Captain Fabulous said:
Noxid, you just got Aristhrottled, bitch.
But honestly, this place has no rules unless you're being annoying. It's adorable.

But we're all annoying all of the time.

Jun 10, 2010 at 12:44 AM
Been here way too long...
I mean to each other, not to an unadjusted third party. When somebody does something we don't like, we carefully slide the rulebook off the shelf, blow the dust off it, spend five minutes sneezing and coughing, then look for some long-forgotten rule forbidding what they did.
And then the mods are like "Dun do it agin." Unless you piss off S.P., then you get b&. Or if you piss off DT, your thread gets locked.

Jun 10, 2010 at 12:49 AM
Banned
Captain Fabulous said:
I mean to each other, not to an unadjusted third party. When somebody does something we don't like, we carefully slide the rulebook off the shelf, blow the dust off it, spend five minutes sneezing and coughing, then look for some long-forgotten rule forbidding what they did.
And then the mods are like "Dun do it agin." Unless you piss off S.P., then you get b&. Or if you piss off DT, your thread gets locked.

There was that one time in the mod ideas section where their roles were reversed.

Jun 10, 2010 at 12:57 AM
Pirate Member
I remember when SP wasn't so srsly-strict.

But back then he had a low post count and his posts contained little to no grammar...Man he's changed.

Jun 10, 2010 at 1:16 AM
Banned
WoodenRat said:

But back then he had a low post count and his posts contained little to no grammar...Man he's changed.

You know he's a student and his grammar changes are an effect of his schooling, right?

Jun 10, 2010 at 7:00 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
ragnaroq said:
I should actually start playing mods, but I have this thing where I know I'll become a critic (even if a nice one just to try and improve it) but I always get this feeling I can't really criticize something unless I've at least made one of equal caliber myself.
I really recommend it. Mod feedback is accepted and encouraged, all you have to do is follow the universal rule of 'don't be a prick'. As for making something yourself, you could always start out by making something for The Island contest :cool:

ragnaroq said:
I don't know! In the end I'm just better at talking about dumb things like I'd be the grand master of the theories forum if I'd been around before every new thread made there has like 50 old guys replying saying "THIS WAS ALREADY TALKED ABOUT IN *LINK TO ANCIENT THREAD YOU CAN'T EVEN REPLY TO OR IT'S A NECRO*" but again, too late :c
In theory it's okay to start a new thread if the old one is long dead, especially if few people who are currently active were there to partake in it. In fact it's better to start a new one rather than to bump such a thread.

Noxid said:
Bumping old threads is against the rules and without rules what sort of GODLESS HELLSCAPE would we live in. Clearly this is for the best.
The reason I get angry over most bumps is because absolutely no effort is put into them. It's just "herp this conversation was finished two years ago but if I post I'm special enough for it to still be relevant right RIGHT?". A bit of courtesy never killed anyone.

ragnaroq said:
(And I really do wanna play that old one I just described, if anyone has a link~~)
I have never encountered this mod and I'm pretty sure it was never posted here, sorry :<

Captain Fabulous said:
If you think about it this pretty much means "you can do what you want provided you behave yourself" which kinda makes sense.

WoodenRat said:

He's had one of the highest postcounts for a long time, just the highest postcount used to be like 500. Also he lives only in the Sturmfaust II thread now >_>