Weapons and Reality

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
thats true, what in the world would the snake be like?

Jan 4, 2014 at 4:44 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Beta radiation that doesn't faze the walls it passes through? Sounds more like the Snake can shoot phantom arsenal.

Jan 4, 2014 at 6:58 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
or maybe the snake is able to blow bursts of plasma out of itself, which is then able to phase through walls while maintaining a red/blue colour at levels 2 and 3! at level 1, it just shoots a small burst, without much (or any) colour.

Jan 4, 2014 at 2:58 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Hmm... Plasma? Could be it... But...

If we consider the Bubbler and Machine Gun to shoot energy, Snake could be also able to shoot energy, but less concentrated so it can pass through walls.

Snake is the most interesting weapon in terms of mechanics, it seems.

Jan 5, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Considering it travels in waves, I think it's safe assume that the shot of the Snake is a wave, maybe even from the EM scale.
It's wavelength is reasonably long, so if this were the case, it would be somewhere between a Radio and Microwave.
The waves can pass through seemingly anything except the Gaudi blades, which I'm willing to bet are made of some kind of metal. Considering the blades can block any of Quote's projectiles, (even the spur) they would have to be made out of an extremely hard metal, possibly admantium or titanium, and those metals maybe be able to block radiation, although I'm pretty sure they're not.
If there were some way to increase the radiation of the wave itself...
As for Beta rays, I have no idea.
Plasma though...
Well Plasma is a strange case. It depends on what you mean by plasma, as plasma has a really wide range of names for different things. Like fire, plasma based life forms or something else.

Jan 6, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
Here are my thoughts:

The Polar Star and Machine Gun somehow shoot light, or some other form of energy.

The Fireball and Nemesis also shoot energy. The Fireball shoots solidized balls of energy which have gravity and can bounce. No idea how. I also don't know about the Nemesis being weaker on higher levels.

The Snake shoots radioactive rays, with stronger radiation on stronger levels, hence the difference in color.

The Blade is a simple blade which somehow boomerangs back to us when thrown, but level 3 summons King's spirit which resides in it. Somewhat like a Zanpakutou, perhaps?

The Bubbler utilizes water from the atmosphere and contains a certain amount of an extremely efficient chemical to convert the water to bubbles.

The Missile Launchers actually shoot small lightweight capsules of chemical explosives which explode on impact, but can only affect organic compounds, seeing as how no amount of missiles will get you through a wall.

Finally, Pixel made a pretty amazing island with amazing equipment.

I hope this made Quote lighter, in any way at all.

Jan 6, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I have an idea towards the Nemesis, at least...

Well, I have two. The first, and more ridiculous, is that the spirit of Nemesis within the gun makes it weaker as you get better with it, 'cause she's a deity and weird like that.

The other is simply that Nemesis is a very powerful gun, with unlimited ammo and good range to boot, but it was built shoddily or damaged, because its internal workings and frame are too weak to withstand its own fire too well. The gun won't blow apart, but firing more than one one or two shots at a time will stress it to the point that it will start to shoot far weaker stuff until you stop firing and let it recover. If you don't, and keep shooting like a maniac, it will continue to overheat to the point that the gun will practically melt from the inside, permanently rendering it nearly unusable, as it will only shoot pathetic fizzles of energy with nearly no range, the likes of which even the Polar Star's basic bullets will overpower. Which is also why Nemesis is described as a gun for advanced users - it focuses less on quantity as quality, being better used with carefully placed shots when the opportunity arises and being mindful of its condition than shooting your opponent as quickly as possible, whenever possible.

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:00 AM
Its dark in here
Polaris said:
I have an idea towards the Nemesis, at least...

Well, I have two. The first, and more ridiculous, is that the spirit of Nemesis within the gun makes it weaker as you get better with it, 'cause she's a deity and weird like that.

The other is simply that Nemesis is a very powerful gun, with unlimited ammo and good range to boot, but it was built shoddily or damaged, because its internal workings and frame are too weak to withstand its own fire too well. The gun won't blow apart, but firing more than one one or two shots at a time will stress it to the point that it will start to shoot far weaker stuff until you stop firing and let it recover. If you don't, and keep shooting like a maniac, it will continue to overheat to the point that the gun will practically melt from the inside, permanently rendering it nearly unusable, as it will only shoot pathetic fizzles of energy with nearly no range, the likes of which even the Polar Star's basic bullets will overpower. Which is also why Nemesis is described as a gun for advanced users - it focuses less on quantity as quality, being better used with carefully placed shots when the opportunity arises and being mindful of its condition than shooting your opponent as quickly as possible, whenever possible.
I have to admit, that really does fit with "lightning of the goddess"

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:45 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
That's a very interesting theory for the Nemesis. It does make sense.

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:50 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
IdioticBaka1824 said:
The Missile Launchers actually shoot small lightweight capsules of chemical explosives which explode on impact, but can only affect organic compounds, seeing as how no amount of missiles will get you through a wall.
They affect Presses, Heavy Press and Balrog. Theory discounted.

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Its dark in here
Samario said:
They affect Presses, Heavy Press and Balrog. Theory discounted.
don't forget the jammed shutter.

-----

what would the whimsical star be like?

Jan 12, 2014 at 7:44 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Whimsical Star? Probably some kind of orbiting spiked spheres, released by the Spur when at full charge.

Jan 12, 2014 at 7:49 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
They're affected by weapon level ups, not specifically spur charge

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:07 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
this shows how much I play CS nowadays

---

on-topic

It's probably just a canister plugged in to weapon x that detects level ups / max Spur charge and releases the spiked balls.

Jan 13, 2014 at 1:59 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
the whimsical stars are an item that are magnets, attracted and repulsed by quotes magnetic field as they switch from south end to north end.
like stars, they are light that is hot enough to pierce through all, disinigrating when something interferes w/ quotes magnetic field.
but, they are not summoned by a weapon reaching level 3, they are in a spot where quote is able to activate them when the selected weapon is at level 3 max.
the instruction manual says that if he activates them beforehand, things will explode and he will die. the end c:

Jan 14, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Considering one appears every time you grab an EXP Shard regardless of value and one disappears when Quote loses EXP (takes a hit regardless of damage), that'd make enough sense.