WAT IZ UR FAVRIT COLOR

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:03 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That's a cultural thing. According to the vast and infinite knowledge of the wikipedia:
Black is a symbol of mourning and bereavement in Western societies, especially at funerals and memorial services. In some traditional societies, within for example Greece and Italy, widows wear black for the rest of their lives. In contrast, across much of Africa and parts of Asia, white is a color of mourning and is worn during funerals.
In English heraldry, black means darkness, doubt, ignorance, and uncertainty.
The Black Sun is an occult symbol used by those who believe in Nazi mysticism.
In the Maasai tribes of Kenya and Tanzania, the color black is associated with rain clouds, a symbol of life and prosperity.
Native Americans associated black with the life-giving soil.
The Hindu deity Krishna means "the black one".
The medieval Christian sect known as the Cathars viewed black as a color of perfection.
The Rastafari movement sees black as beautiful.
In the Japanese culture, Black is associated with honor, not death with the white color being associated with death.
Black-dog bias is a veterinarian and animal shelter phenomenon in which black dogs are passed over for adoption in favor of lighter colored animals.
Black cats may be thought of as either good luck or bad.
It could be either or, depending on what background you're from. Similarly, Orange and Red are hazard colors because animals displaying those colors are typically highly dangerous, and yellow is 'happy' because it is typically associated with sunlight, the foundation of all life on earth.

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:03 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Black is the absence of light, so I'd be more inclined to call it the absence of emotion.

This absence of emotion or feeling though might make some people feel bad.

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:11 PM
Been here way too long...
Whoaaa I thought black was universally intimdating, because it represents darkness (where tigers are) and decay (where dieases are). Maybe it is universally intimdating, since colors can mean more than one thing.

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Black is the absence of light, so I'd be more inclined to call it the absence of emotion.
I don't think emotions are connected with photons that way. Black does not instill apathy in us.

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:14 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Captain Fabulous said:
I don't think emotions are connected with photons that way. Black does not instill apathy in us.

Speak for yourself.

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:29 PM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
My favourite colour is black !

... what ?

Okay, it's not actually black. It's more like purple. Like this smiley : :awesomeface:

... Seriously, I'm NOT depressive.

Feb 20, 2011 at 9:37 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I really hate beige

Mar 3, 2011 at 5:58 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Aquamarine.

Mar 5, 2011 at 1:50 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
MY FAVRIT COLOR IS VAGINA. :awesomeface: