Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
p357421-0-h148653167968671114db5543b42.png

it's all come down to this

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:46 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Feb 8, 2017 at 5:09 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I honestly think it's harmless. I mean it's not like they are out there banning games or even censoring them that much. If they want to criticize "Gamer Culture" I don't care. I find it ridiculous. But I don't care.

There are a lot of problems with feminism today. Mostly it just feels like there are a lot of little things that are blown out of proportion and things that have nothing to do with feminism being criticized. I am all for equal rights but honestly there is so much toxicity in this community that it's just not worth it.

I mean even the people calling the people who do this out on it are ridiculous. "SJW feminazi get's totally 0wned (OMG MUST WATCH)"

Until they start taking games off the shelves for petty reasons then that's when I'll start getting angry.

Feb 9, 2017 at 10:53 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I don't think anyone here is generalizing "gamers" as all being male misogynists. This level of generalization is bad, and I think we can all agree on that. I'm not sure who you're arguing against/with on this point, besides maybe those tumblrinas that you mentioned in the OP.

You were playing devil's advocate and I was responding to it. I was directing the argument at the hypothetical counterargument you were making.

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:28 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
You were playing devil's advocate and I was responding to it. I was directing the argument at the hypothetical counterargument you were making.
I don't think the hypothetical counterargument I was making was "targeting every single gamer as being male chauvinistic bigoted pricks". I don't think it was even remotely part of my hypothetical counterargument, unless you're willing to show me otherwise.

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:44 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I don't think the hypothetical counterargument I was making was "targeting every single gamer as being male chauvinistic bigoted pricks". I don't think it was even remotely part of my hypothetical counterargument, unless you're willing to show me otherwise.

Ohhhh I am so sorry. That "you" was a general "you". I wasn't addressing that post to you. I should've made that more clear.

I was also not addressing your counterargument solely, I was also referencing the things that the feminist Tumblr post had said or implied.

Feb 16, 2018 at 9:01 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
One day, when I was a little girl, I met him. Shigeru Miyamoto. He invited me over to his room and did very uncomfortable things to me! He touched my willy and said he wanted to pull my Master Sword! White stuff came out of me and gave him the idea for Splatoon!
I'm crying

Feb 16, 2018 at 9:04 AM
War criminal
Huh, I don't really remember saying that.

Feb 16, 2018 at 9:06 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
Oh. While I have your attention, I'm new and a fan of cave story. I made a account 1 week ago. How can I start here? I'm lost

Ex
So I am not a "gamer" because I don't play boring shooters like CoD?
Exactly! So many "gamers" seem to play COD for hours on end.

Last edited by a moderator: