video recorder

Nov 21, 2007 at 4:52 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
sorry if this is the wrong forum, but i didn´t know where to put it either :D
so i wanted to ask, where i can find a video maker (sorry my english :o ... i´m german so...) because i waned to make a video from my playing in cave story so that i can send it to my friends and maybe putting here, too^^

so thanks in advance

the noob

Nov 22, 2007 at 12:48 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Get FRAPS. It captures any fullscreen game. Dunno how well it works with cave story though as I've never tried it.

Nov 22, 2007 at 3:30 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I.P. Freely said:
Get FRAPS. It captures any fullscreen game. Dunno how well it works with cave story though as I've never tried it.
XristosX said that FRAPS works horribly with cave story, don't use it, Hypercam works. The best way is to have cave story at 320x240 resolution and in a window rather than fullscreen, then instead of capturing the entire screen you select the area of the screen you want to record which you have as the contents of the window that has cave story running in it so that it records a video at 320x240 resolution of you playing cave story. For improved recording record as an uncompressed avi and compress/convert it later or you can mess around with the many settings available to the program.

Nov 22, 2007 at 10:41 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
andwhyisit said:
XristosX said that FRAPS works horribly with cave story, don't use it, Hypercam works. The best way is to have cave story at 320x240 resolution and in a window rather than fullscreen, then instead of capturing the entire screen you select the area of the screen you want to record which you have as the contents of the window that has cave story running in it so that it records a video at 320x240 resolution of you playing cave story. For improved recording record as an uncompressed avi and compress/convert it later or you can mess around with the many settings available to the program.

yes very bad, hyper cam actually is better :D

Nov 22, 2007 at 2:58 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
ok^^ thanks a lot

now i can make a cave story video for my friends and maybe i put it here too^^

:D

Nov 22, 2007 at 3:55 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
ok tehn ive got two^^ :D