Video/pure voice chatroom

Oct 19, 2011 at 2:34 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
While Curlybrace is an excellent way of making friends and chat, maybe it'd be interesting having a video/pure voice chatroom besides regular chat, like http://tinychat.com/ , or similar. For those more shy there is an option to only broadcast voice.

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:17 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I think most of the forum members that know each other well enough to want to do that simply add each other on skype.

Oct 19, 2011 at 4:10 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Yes, but here is a main lobby where everyone could speak at the same time who joined the chat. I think Skype is only 1 on 1 chat...or at least I used it for that so far, don't know.

Oct 19, 2011 at 4:18 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
trickybilly said:
everyone could speak at the same time
I don't know if you've ever tried this, but if you haven't I wouldn't recommend it. It's not like talking to people in person at all.
trickybilly said:
I think Skype is only 1 on 1 chat...or at least I used it for that so far, don't know.
Skype has group calls, but we never use those.

Oct 19, 2011 at 4:18 PM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
skype allows for group chats, 'course someone has to have everyone who is to be invited on their friendlist but it's easy and effective.

i dunno if most people wanna actually video/voice chat often in a thing like that anyway. i know for me i find it very hard to multitask and can only voicechat if i'm going to devote myself to it and not much else, irc is a lot easier to just tab back to between doing other things

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:12 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
that's interesting rag, I'm the opposite;
whenever I'm on irc I have a pretty hard time ignoring it if there is a conversation going on, but I can easily talk with someone while doing other shit

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:12 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I'm more like raqnaroq. Unless I'm playing a multiplayer game with the person. Then it's a whole different deal.