Using hypercam on CS+?

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:51 AM
"Huzzah!"
Hi I was wanting to use a hypercam to record funny commentaries of CS+, but after I'm finished recording and view the video, it just shows my desktop. It still plays the music and records my voice too. I am using the steam version btw.

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:52 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That's not a problem with Cave Story, it's a Hypercam issue. Since I've never used Hypercam, I can't help you.

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:29 AM
"Huzzah!"
or maybe could it be that steam is prohibiting the use of hypercam on the game software? That's my guess

Feb 1, 2012 at 4:05 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I doubt it. I can use camstudio and fraps just fine, so I don't see why they'd block hypercam specifically.

Feb 1, 2012 at 5:08 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Hypercam is lame sauce, go fraps.

Feb 1, 2012 at 6:39 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Yeah, FRAPS is by far the best recording program. Just remember to compress the video files after they have been recorded. And I hope you have enough disk space to hold them, since they take quite a lot of space.

Feb 1, 2012 at 8:37 PM
"Huzzah!"
Oh, I didn't know about FRAPS! I'll try it out.

Feb 3, 2012 at 5:39 PM
"Huzzah!"
Nah. I think fraps is pretty interesting. I used it, and my entire laptop went black, but that's probably the battery is very sucky (extremely sucky. about 20 mins of battery life on it with out the charger), and I wasn't using the charger.

Feb 4, 2012 at 9:02 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I suggest you use VirtualDub for compressing those fraps videos.
It still does require an encoder like Xvid since it can't do compressing without one.

(EDIT: just noticed there is a sketchy website that popped up out of nowhere, first result in a google search for virtualdub. Do not get virtualdub from that site which is listed as virtual-dub.com/)

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:33 PM
"Huzzah!"
Actually I just deleted fraps because I think it screwed something up on my laptop. Now it won't connect to the internet when I plug in the cable. I haven't jumped to the full conclusion that it was fraps, but it started happening while I was using fraps. I can't even connect to steam in offline mode.

EDIT: I found out it wasn't fraps, but it was because I disabled something that was reading the cable. I re-enabled it, and now it's working fine.