Unofficial TSC commands

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:26 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
If you could have any new TSC command you needed, what would you want the most? One to force a change between three or more character skins? One to pick a random event to jump to within some given range? More types of <MSG? Something totally different?

Let me know. I haven't been nearly as watchful of this forum as I should be, so if you want to make sure I see it, please post on my (usually dead) forum in this thread.

Yes, I'm still alive, and still working on Agora's Legends. Seeing other people making similar projects discourages me, so I turn a blind eye... I will progress beyond them.

Apr 5, 2008 at 7:57 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Changing your character between more than 2. Like, only 2 is rather limited.

Apr 5, 2008 at 9:45 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Same here :D

I wish I could in my mod D:

Apr 5, 2008 at 12:34 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I'd like the ability to run several events concurrently. (Who wouldn't?)
Can that even be done? How much can you deviate from the script format of the original game?
Could things like variables be possible?

It would be great if there were commands that could start, pause, and remove the timer. Maybe also save and load times from the profile.
Then you could have a command that runs an event if the timer is below or above a certain value (or even right when that value is reached, if there were concurrent events).

Apr 5, 2008 at 3:35 PM
Justin-chan
Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:
Can that even be done? How much can you deviate from the script format of the original game?

It would be great if there were commands that could start, pause, and remove the timer. Maybe also save and load times from the profile.
Then you could have a command that runs an event if the timer is below or above a certain value (or even right when that value is reached, if there were concurrent events).
Oh yeah, this too.

Apr 5, 2008 at 7:43 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
I don't believe there is anything to undo <KEY or <PRI without ending the event, is there? That'd be useful... so the event is still running for a bit after it un-keylocks you.

What I want that for is for a system where, if you die, you have the choice of continuing at the cost of all your weapons energy (simple enough, just a <YNJ and a <ZAM and <LI+1000; dunno if it'd work though, if your life is 0...) but of course if you landed on deathspikes that won't do anything since as soon as it returns you to the game you'd die immediately. So I want it so the message comes up, then if you select yes, it un-keylocks you and keeps the event running for a few seconds so you have a few seconds of invincibility to escape your deadly situation.

Also, an <ML- would be nice... especially if you want to switch characters, it doesn't make much sense that when one character finds a life capsule the other one gets it too.

Apr 5, 2008 at 9:57 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:

I can already imagine the possibilities.

Cave Story: Majora's Mask

Apr 5, 2008 at 10:12 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Timers I can do. Multithreading might be a bit harder, especially trying to converse between two running events or something. Revival after death is normally impossible without saving and loading, so I should add functionality for that. (As a solution to your spike pit problem, why not autosave on entry to each map? Perhaps it could be seperate from the normal saves...)

I thought of variables too, but it might be a bit hard for me ... I could start by just making a simple <FOR loop, but without access to the loop variable it wouldn't be very useful outside of playing the same sound effect over and over for a couple seconds or something... And if I add variables like that, I also need to add basic math functions and ... bleh. @_@ This language just wasn't built for it.

Maybe I could just make a constant parameter which can be passed from an object's Lua AI?... Then you could have an invisible object manage events for things like bridges collapsing and whatnot, placed in several areas of the same map and maybe even using the same event to do different things...

Multiple characters working by each saving their own set of weapons, health, exp, etc? (but sharing event flags?) Multiple time recordings? I could do that, but of course it'd change the save format a bit ...

Thanks for the input. When I totally steal your ideas to add to Agora's Legends (so you can actually make the things you want with them in it), please thank me before you sue (sakamoto). (And if you don't want me to add these features, for whatever reason, feel free to simply say so...)

Apr 5, 2008 at 10:33 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Echidna-san said:
Timers I can do. Multithreading might be a bit harder. Revival after death is normally impossible without saving and loading, so I should add functionality for that.

Multiple characters working by each saving their own set of weapons, health, exp, etc? Multiple time recordings? I could do that, but of course it'd change the save format a bit ...

Thanks for the input. When I totally steal your ideas, please thank me before you sue (sakamoto).
Wait, is this for Agora's Legends?

Apr 5, 2008 at 10:50 PM
It can be if you let it. It could also simply be another random conversational thread in which we dream about things we'll never have. I'm no assembly hacker, I can only program things I have solid, legible source code to... *shrug*

May 31, 2008 at 11:59 AM
Justin-chan
Sorry for the bump, but I figured this would be the place. :/

Uh, a command that goes like (timer must be on), if below X time, event Y occurs, if above Z time, event W occurs,

And coordinates X and Y can only be destroyed by weapon Z.

May 31, 2008 at 5:09 PM
Luls
Another suggestion!

A command that freezes your control over your main char but input to him is allowed.
<KEY freezes your control over him but also stops your character from receiving any input
<PRI freezes the whole game.

So... yeah... lmao... kinda... lame.. xD........ more dots :D...

Jun 1, 2008 at 9:45 AM
Justin-chan
Actually, KEY does allow input like MYB and MYD. :/

PRI disables MYB, MYD, CNP, DNP and stuff until END

Jun 1, 2008 at 11:03 AM
Justin-chan
Also, a if weapon X has Y amount of energy/experience, event Z occurs would be helpful.

Jun 2, 2008 at 5:36 AM
Justin-chan
A command that allows us to play a script which does not affect the player and still lets the player do whatever he wants would be good.

Or can I just do that with H/V triggers?

Jun 2, 2008 at 12:05 PM
Luls
jcys810 said:
Actually, KEY does allow input like MYB and MYD. :/

PRI disables MYB, MYD, CNP, DNP and stuff until END

No I mean he can get damaged while frozen lol.

*hehehe starts triple post too lmfao*

Jun 2, 2008 at 12:06 PM
Luls
jcys810 said:
A command that allows us to play a script which does not affect the player and still lets the player do whatever he wants would be good.

Or can I just do that with H/V triggers?

Or you mean a loop.

Jun 2, 2008 at 12:07 PM
Luls
jcys810 said:
Also, a if weapon X has Y amount of energy/experience, event Z occurs would be helpful.

Actually, level would be good enough cause the amount of exp gained between levels doesn't increase or decrease weapon damage =/

Jun 2, 2008 at 8:16 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
Ummm...
Something like <MSS (MeSsage Space) would be useful...
Something that auto-parses the input text...

Also, some fort of menu...
Ie.
Apples, oranged or grapes?

Ummm...
What else...
OH!

<PRJ!
PRofile Jump!
Basically, if you won by event X in a previous save of profile.dat, load a different mod.

Like...
Won by bad end - load Point of No Return
Won by so-so end - load The Dark Platform
Won by good end - load Jenka's Nightmare

Jun 3, 2008 at 3:27 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I'd really like one that allows you to use more characters, NPCs, Bosses, Maps, etc. I think that's already been said though. :D