Unable to enter prefab building

Feb 7, 2012 at 3:35 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm trying to get to the special ending, but I can't enter the prefab building after defeating the undead core. I saved Curly and restored her memory with the mushroom. I saved the Professor and have booster v2.0. When I went through the final cave, it was labeled as "Final Cave (Hidden)". I didn't use the heart container.

What am I missing? Why won't it let me into the prefab building?

Feb 7, 2012 at 6:04 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I hope you have the spur, since you're going to need it. I missed the Iron Bond event, too. I only realised I did when I was on the balcony already.

Feb 7, 2012 at 6:22 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
hehe I bet you didn't get the Iron Bond.
Did you talk to Curly again after restoring her memory?

... Well, I had the Iron Band... I guess I didn't save after getting it. I guess I'll have to run back and get it. Hopefully I can get back. Thanks!

Feb 7, 2012 at 6:49 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That's one of the best moments in Cave Story, when you realize you can still go back and get all the times you forgot for your 100% run.
If I had a nickel for every time I forgot to grab the Whimsical Star, man, I'd have an uncomfortable amount of nickels to carry around.

Also, do yourself a favor and save at the save point at the entrance to Last Cave before you jump down; its easier than you'd think to get squashed by the sideways presses :p

Feb 7, 2012 at 5:11 PM
"Huzzah!"
I remember my slack-jawed amazement when I realised Cave Story had more than one ending.

*Bad End*
"O.....K..... That was very Japanese. Everyone you care about is dead. Plus it's got a traunticated plot arc."
*Loads Saves*
" ... Hmm... I wonder what's up that wall?
... What the what? I've got a whole bunch more stuff to do?"

Feb 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I hope you have the spur, since you're going to need it. I missed the Iron Bond event, too. I only realised I did when I was on the balcony already.

You don't have to have spur.
I finished Cave Story with Machine Gun.

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM
"Huzzah!"
Yea, but the spur is MUCH more powerful.

Feb 8, 2012 at 3:01 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Can you do it with the snake

Feb 8, 2012 at 3:41 PM
"Huzzah!"
Yes, of course... At least, in the PC version. (Not familiar with remakes.) All that matters is saving Curly and restoring her memory. However, the Snake might not be that useful once you get to hell.

Feb 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
did you forget curly in the waterway? I Did

also, i had fun tranversing the hidden last cave (In Reverse, from the balcony) to get a life pot and the last life capsule.

Feb 8, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yes, of course... At least, in the PC version. (Not familiar with remakes.) All that matters is saving Curly and restoring her memory. However, the Snake might not be that useful once you get to hell.
Actually, it's useful once you level it up. You can shoot through the walls in the third room to destroy the Deleets before you reach them. It can save tons of time.

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:22 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Ahh, my little sis forgot to get the iron bond and had to go through the final cave in reverse and back. Good thing once you master the learning curve to the final cave it gets easier. Good luck in fighting for the best ending, btw.