Triad

Oct 20, 2024 at 12:03 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
- Triad -

As legend goes, a special guardian shows up every 1000 years, gifted with special abilities to compensate for their weak point.

A sort of 'sequel' to 'Personalized Story', a mod where a level was different per person.
This mod was made for Modfest 39.
This time, the story and level you play may differ from person to person. (Yes there is a story now!)
You are also only able to see the level, and your X/Y position, making platforming...unusual.
The levels are short and hide no secrets, but with the help of others, a deeper plot may be found.
Can you save the world from those that seek to disrupt it?

Downloads can be found here.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2024 at 2:32 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Boss: Hey, were here -> we're...
'prophesy' is a verb, you mean 'prophecy' here
Boss: this is as far as I can take you -> This...
A bit of an unobtrusive tutorial would help, maybe even just in the readme? It wasn't immediately clear that pressing down lets you switch axes, or what exactly causes you to die in the 1st room.
If you fall down in the room in the mountains after the spikes (where the tileset changes to purple on the right), you don't die, and the game softlocks. I don't feel like starting all over again though :droll:

Okay, that was a really interesting concept, and the difficulty curve was just right. I think it was pretty fun!

Oct 25, 2024 at 11:01 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Boss: Hey, were here -> we're...
'prophesy' is a verb, you mean 'prophecy' here
Boss: this is as far as I can take you -> This...
A bit of an unobtrusive tutorial would help, maybe even just in the readme? It wasn't immediately clear that pressing down lets you switch axes, or what exactly causes you to die in the 1st room.
If you fall down in the room in the mountains after the spikes (where the tileset changes to purple on the right), you don't die, and the game softlocks. I don't feel like starting all over again though :droll:

Okay, that was a really interesting concept, and the difficulty curve was just right. I think it was pretty fun!
Thanks, it was a fun lil thing to try out.

I fixed a couple things including the softlocks i missed and the mod's extremely rushed and overly wordy ending.

As modfest is also over now (a ♡ to those who voted!) I decided to finally post the codes for those that don't want to dig around for them.
Here are all of them;

These have to be entered after the 'press z to continue' screen- hold the first key until you hear a beep, and move to the next.
Past: W > S > Shift
Present: A > F1 > Q
Future: Shift > Q > Z
Bad end: W > X > F1
Finale: F2 > = > A

Back