Tow Rope Help. [SPOILERS]

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:16 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Once in the Core and after activating all the switches and whatnot you go to the large room and go to the bottom right. The Tow Rope is suppose to be there. What indicates is location [Or so I have read.] is some sort of sparkle in the water. When I do go to the bottom right I see no sparkle in the water. So I tired to defeat the Core and then see if the Tow Rope would appear. But it didn't. So I did not save and stopped playing. I really want to get the tow rope. Is there something that needed to be done to get it? I choose the Machine Gun if that has to do anything with the Tow Rope. Any help would be appreaciated. I would be more than glad to start over just to get the Tow Rope. Thanks in advance.
Here is an image of where I think it should be.
Correct me if I am wrong.
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1148/untitled7be.png

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:44 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Unfortunately, you'll need to start over if you want to get the Tow Rope, unless you made backups of your save file (profile.dat). It shows up if you avoided getting the Booster v0.8. (In other words, you need to get to the Core without having received the Booster v0.8.) Don't worry, your choice of weapons doesn't have any effect on this.

I recommend trying to figure that out yourself, but I or someone else here can give more details if you need hints as to how to accomplish that.

Mar 25, 2006 at 7:00 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
How do I avoid getting the Booster v0.8? Whenever I play Professor Booster falls into the area right before the Boulder Room. Do I ignore him or something?

Mar 25, 2006 at 7:15 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Exactly.

(useless text because the board wouldn't let me post just one word)

Mar 25, 2006 at 7:17 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Alright.
Thank you very much.
I shall restart the game.

Mar 25, 2006 at 7:18 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Yes, you need to jump over the pit. Thats what that red line on the block is for.

Mar 25, 2006 at 7:44 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
genius314 said:
Yes, you need to jump over the pit. Thats what that red line on the block is for.
To estimate the leap, eh?
EDIT:
Was I suppose to step on the red line or avoid it? Or it doesn't matter?

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:48 PM
Its there to help you know where to jump. At least i think so. But its in the same spot where you jump off of. It shouldn't matter if you touch it or not, but i think you have to to make it across.
Heh, this whole topic is spoilers!!

Mar 25, 2006 at 11:00 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Alright, sweet. I saved Curly. Thanks everyone.

Mar 25, 2006 at 11:37 PM
You're welcome. Huzzah! Spoilers, spoilers, everywhere!!

Mar 26, 2006 at 12:51 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
OffTopic

Why are the spoiler tags so ugly? They should just do this:
(spoiler below, highlight to read)
see how you can't see any text here?

Mar 26, 2006 at 3:53 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Well concerning spoliers, it isn't really necessary to place a spoiler tag after each comment that was made in a thread, if the thread alone deals with a spoiler. This particular thread did say "Spoilers" in the subject title, so by visiting the thread you are essentially going to be spoiled so there is no need for spoiler tags. Spoiler tags only really are useful in threads where someone say asks a question that was not intended to be a spoiler and the only answer to provide them with contains a spoiler in it. Then and really only then should a spoiler tag be used. Make sense?

As for the color of the spoiler tag, red is a simple solid color that people won't miss when scrolling down through posts and since not everyone uses the gameflaws forum style, "light blue" having the text appear in the color of light blue will plainly show up on the main default forum style or any other style currently available. Unfortunately there does not seem to be a best way around this. But yes I agree with you, Red is pretty ugly to look at, especially when there is a thread full of them. lol

-SkyeWelse

Mar 26, 2006 at 9:08 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Oh snap. I never noticed the style options before.

Yeah, that renders my preferred method kind of moot.

It's just that the background color on spoiler tags really clashes with the normal background on the gameflaws style.