Tow rope error...

Mar 17, 2011 at 6:19 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
...I remember posting this in 2008. but the same thing happened. and it's making me mad.. I just defeated the core in the labyrinth, and I got the tow rope before I defeated the core. And when i look behind to see Curly lying there, (she gave me the air tank remember now) i can't tie her to me with the tow rope. it's not even in my invo. it's not tied to the robot down below. is there a way to eternally resolve this problem? because when i play through the game i don't want this to happen again.. now i have to defeat the core. again. i hate that boss the most. thanks in advance... TT,TT

(oh yeah and one non-game related problem, my avatar isn't showing when i post? i uploaded it multiple times but still no show...)

Mar 17, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Pronouns: ㅤ
AkitoKitty said:
...I remember posting this in 2008. but the same thing happened. and it's making me mad.. I just defeated the core in the labyrinth, and I got the tow rope before I defeated the core. And when i look behind to see Curly lying there, (she gave me the air tank remember now) i can't tie her to me with the tow rope. it's not even in my invo. it's not tied to the robot down below. is there a way to eternally resolve this problem? because when i play through the game i don't want this to happen again.. now i have to defeat the core. again. i hate that boss the most. thanks in advance... TT,TT

Downloading a save seems the easiest way. Or does this happen to you on every playthrough?

AkitoKitty said:
...(oh yeah and one non-game related problem, my avatar isn't showing when i post? i uploaded it multiple times but still no show...)
You might have your avatar and profile picture mixed up, one only shows on your profile.

Mar 17, 2011 at 6:55 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Tpcool said:
Downloading a save seems the easiest way. Or does this happen to you on every playthrough?

You might have your avatar and profile picture mixed up, one only shows on your profile.

Downloading a save? What does that mean? And yes it's been happening every time I play.. And it only happens when I get the rope before I fight the boss.
>:|... You're right... Thank you >>;; I didn't know that profile pic and avatar was different here.

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:51 PM
"Huzzah!"
AkitoKitty said:
Downloading a save? What does that mean? And yes it's been happening every time I play.. And it only happens when I get the rope before I fight the boss.
>:|... You're right... Thank you >>;; I didn't know that profile pic and avatar was different here.

you can set an avatar once you reach 35 posts i believe.
and you know how you have a profile.dat file in your dou_1006 folder? (cave story directory)
its the save file. the file that makes the game know where you are, what items and weapons you have and how much life and experience you have when you click on load.
you can download saves from this very site.
http://cavestory.org/downloads_saves.php
just pick one! :D
extract the archive anywhere (or open it), change the file's name to profile.dat - or if you cant see the .dat extension just profile, and put it in the cave story folder. replace the old one with the new and click load. -EZ- :)

Mar 17, 2011 at 10:31 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Pronouns: he/him
Voyce said:
you can set an avatar once you reach 35 posts i believe.

No, ten posts, seven days.

Mar 18, 2011 at 8:53 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Oh, so the profile data thing. I'm wondering, say I downloaded a save file before I faced that particular boss, would that problem reoccur? I'm going to test it out.. >:|

Apr 27, 2011 at 3:40 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
AkitoKitty said:

(oh yeah and one non-game related problem, my avatar isn't showing when i post? i uploaded it multiple times but still no show...)

... well maybe you are on the bad ending path (no spoilers here) but if you have the machine gun the tow rope wont be there if you want the good ending i advise you start a new game

Apr 27, 2011 at 3:45 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Pronouns: he/him
do you keep loosing there?
maybe you just forgot to pick it up at one point.

the tow rope won't be on the robot after you face the core, or during the fight.

Back