To all you modders out there, here's a tip about dialogue;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2013 at 7:11 AM
Banned
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Dialogue is a key element in Cave Story, and smooth flowing dialogue is yet another one of those things that can make or break the progression. Your dialogue should sound smooth, not forced, and it should fit your characters personality. When thinking about dialogue, ask yourself “What would this character say in this situation?” and take it from there. Rough dialogue makes your mod awkward, but smooth dialogue aids your mod’s readability and overall goodness. Once you have a character’s personality decided, go through with it. That means a character’s dialogue, actions, thinking, and everything they do should reflect their personality. Simply ask yourself “What would this character do in this situation?” or “Would this character do this in this situation?” to help you with keeping your character’s personalities in order. Some mods on this site have some very dry and forced dialogue with barely any details.

Mar 17, 2013 at 7:13 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
if this is more copypasta I will cut you

Mar 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Dialogue is a key element in sprite comics, and smooth flowing dialogue is yet another one of those things that can make or break a comic. Your dialogue should sound smooth, not forced, and it should fit your characters personality. When thinking about dialogue, ask yourself “What would this character say in this situation?” and take it from there. Rough dialogue makes your comic awkward, but smooth dialogue aids your comic’s readability and overall goodness.

Sound familiar, Dr. Core?

Mar 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
yeah ok I've seen enough

Status
Not open for further replies.