Tips on surviving

Jun 18, 2009 at 10:27 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hi, I just started playing the game yesterday at my mom's house (farthest point of progress: Mini boss in egg corridor) and at my dad's house (farthest point of progress, through the fireplace in Grasstown) and I have found that the game is unforgivingly hard! Could anyone give me some general tips on how to survive this awesome game!
Thanks in advance :)

P.S. does this forum contain massive spoilers?

Jun 18, 2009 at 10:34 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
get the life capsules...

Jun 18, 2009 at 10:58 PM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
General Tip:

Level up your weapons.
It's gonna get a lot harder.

Jun 18, 2009 at 11:08 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
P.S. does this forum contain massive spoilers?
Pretty much, yeah. So be careful when browsing other threads if you don't want to spoil the story.

Jun 18, 2009 at 11:38 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Some general tips:
- Try not to get too close to enemies, engage them from a slight distance.
- On bosses, spam the missile launcher when it makes itself vulnerable.
- Also with bosses observe their movement and attack patterns before getting too focused on attacking it.
- Any time you get a new weapon, use a fully leveled up weapon to fight and switch to the new one to pick up weapon energy.
In Grasstown, use the fireball on the hills with critters. It really helps.

Hope these help and aren't too obvious. On the topic of spoilers, yes, this forum is full of them. Just stay away from the theories board and be careful which threads you open and you should be fine. Cave story has too good of a plot to get ruined by spoilers.

Jun 19, 2009 at 12:27 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yakkers said:
Just stay away from the theories board
I would like to second that. Don't even go near the theories board until you have completed the game. Most of the spoilers are there.

Jun 19, 2009 at 2:22 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Just wondering, how long is cave story normally? And does the story explain itself later? I am really confused by the story right now!

Jun 19, 2009 at 2:27 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Sheesh.

Funkboy said:
Just wondering, how long is cave story normally? And does the story explain itself later? I am really confused by the story right now!
Iono, depends on how good you are. I beat the game in hours. {'Course, replayed it for....well...Spoilers...}
Just beat it. It might be a good idea to re-play it, of course, incase you miss something important...
But we can't really say more until you've beaten it, at least once.

Jun 19, 2009 at 3:21 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Funkboy said:

The game can be quite long on the first play through, maybe 3-5 hours. And the story is supposed to be confusing. You're playing the role of a character with amnesia so nothing is supposed to make sense at first. More about the story, world, and characters are slowly revealed as you play, which is one of the things that make this game so great.

Jun 19, 2009 at 3:39 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
There are plenty of spoilers around here, like that one about...
Made you look. :D

Jun 19, 2009 at 4:03 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
andwhyisit said:
There are plenty of spoilers around here, like that one about...
Made you look. :D
Am I weird if
I saw that coming?

Jun 19, 2009 at 6:08 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
This is like the best tip i can give you on surviving but, its actually sorta cheating because the enemies cant hit you
Never let them touch you :D

Jun 19, 2009 at 10:43 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Comon guys, stop saying stupid spoilers
Spoiler ALERT

Curly dies once she finds out you take her under garments O: and now i shall write random stuff so people might think that his is a serious spoiler because of the large amount of red might indeed mean that there is some worthy content if they highlight it, sadly they will either be dissapointed, or the will expect this, in the case that you expected it, well umm fuck you i can live my own life, Holy shit its mr creasault, Iiiiiiiiiiii wonder where that fish is gone! o_O it was the most elluSIVE FISH! and it went where ever i did a gooooooo, is it in the CUP-board!? THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
thank you for wasting your time :D i would give you a cookie but i dropped it in a septic tank D:<