Through Troubles and Hardships (Cave Story Fanfic/Novelization)

Nov 7, 2012 at 11:59 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I'm sure that this is being posted in the right spot, since this is a Cave Story thing but anyway... I've started to write a Cave Story fanfic/novelization. It won't be word for word, as I'm using both translations of the game (Nicalis and Aeon Genesis) into account when writing it. (Up until a certain point) Hopefully, this won't turn out to be a bad idea, but I do plan on finishing it, no matter what the circumstances.
Link: http://www.fanfictio...s-and-Hardships
Don't expect a regularly update schedule, I'll just post after I finish writing it and proof-read it.
Currently not that far into it, but I hope to spend a good weekend or two to write for it.

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:54 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Hmm, its a pretty good beginning. I'm interested into what you'll turn this into.

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Okay we shall see how this goes. It's methodical...

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:58 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
There's a thread for this kinda thing around somewhere, but I wouldn't worry unduly about it.
I like the fanfiction so far, my main criticisms being that 1. there's a bit of language which seems like it's in there to feel dramatic ("This would be the start of a long and perilous journey. And it would involve many people. Some, not even knowing they would play a part in this journey.") which doesn't really come off well, and 2. that I would like to see more sorta interpretation and fanfickiness instead of just moving the story from one medium to another.

Suggestion: let curly die.

Nov 8, 2012 at 2:20 AM
It's currently in the works. I have most of it planned out to a point that I could write it, but I don't want to mess up by writing different parts at different times. I will say this right now, it won't just be Quote and Curly, I do plan on adding someone else in. (Someone that normally isn't in Cave Story, A.K.A an OC. This is where it will start turning into a fanfic) After that person joins, the story will start to get more interesting as some/most of the story will be told from his point of view and some from Quote. If you must know, the character will join at the end of Grasstown.
Also, if you somehow know or have a guess on what will happen, then give a shot at what it'll be. I'm not really open for suggestions on how to go about since I have it all planned, but just not written. (Unless someone suggest something good that I might write a side story to.)

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:22 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
this has potential. nice.

Nov 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Looks interesting, I'll definitly keep reading it.

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:40 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Great fanfic!! Other fanfics I've read have unreadable spelling and grammar. I hope you won't decide to abandon it (Like some CS mods ended up).
BTW if you search up "cave story fanfiction" on bing, yours is the third result.

Nov 9, 2012 at 2:03 AM
@minerguy667 Really? I don't use bing, (Google for the win) so hearing that is a shock for me. I started parts of chapter 4, but I still need to write the bulk of Egg Corridor still.