The Witching Hour

Apr 21, 2012 at 6:38 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yeah I've finished it now, a forum ghost told me how to complete the puzzle.

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

SPOILERS

-I still have absolutely no idea what to do to solve that underwater puzzle
-It would be nice to have a save point in the room I mentioned, otherwise quitting there means doing the first moving platform room over again
-Speaking of which, I like the moving platforms :orangebell:
-The science guy boss fight is kind of buggy in that he will frequently stop and fire in the wrong direction, sometimes repeatedly
-Did NOT see that plot twist coming :balrog:
-It would be nice if you changed up the Blade/Ice Katana a bit, not only to offer something new but because it's very awkward to use in the new area. At level 1 with the Speed Ring on it barely moves in front of Tyr, while level 2 still feels almost like a downgrade. Personally I'd be down with something shorter range but much faster.
More nice work on the new graphics/tilesets, and I enjoyed all the new areas, especially the final one. I can't help but think that there's still something sinister going on, but we shall see :koron: Thanks for continuing work on this, I didn't know if you were going to and seeing this get updated was surely an unexpected surprise :mahin:

May 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I played through this a couple of days ago, and I honestly can't say that I didn't like anything except for how long the portal puzzle took me to figure out (and that even took help looking through the forum). But the graphics were great (I like how you integrated sprites from Ikachan into the water area), storyline is interesting (with that sweet plot twist!), and the music is excellent, as plenty of other people before me have mentioned.

Speaking of, the music that plays during Isis' last monologue seems really familiar—I think it reminds me of something from TWoR? Also, nice implementation of the Albinoni/Giazotto Adagio. Although, I looked through the credits in the readme file, and you have it listed as "Adagio in G Major" but the piece is actually "Adagio in G Minor," and sometimes it's called "Adagio in G Minor for Strings and Organ"—if it were in a major key it would not sound nearly as dark and brooding as it does. :)

May 5, 2012 at 9:43 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
This mod is awsome.

May 11, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Clicks download

OH YEAH :chin: :chin: :chin: :chin: :chin:
Oh,theres more than one chinfish.

May 12, 2012 at 3:27 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Oh man, I completely missed this latest update. Downloading now...

May 31, 2012 at 1:10 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Excellent mod :)

Dat portal puzzle man, can't seem to get passed it... halp :orangebell:

I know the book case in the library is supposed to give you hints but I'm too lazy to figure it out.

Haha feel free to ignore this post.

May 31, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Excellent mod :)

Dat portal puzzle man, can't seem to get passed it... halp :orangebell:

I know the book case in the library is supposed to give you hints but I'm too lazy to figure it out.

Haha feel free to ignore this post.

You can change the game to easy mode and you'll get additional hints about that puzzle from the guy who gives you the wand of portals.

May 31, 2012 at 9:16 PM
You can change the game to easy mode and you'll get additional hints about that puzzle from the guy who gives you the wand of portals.

oh mah gosh ty~ :)

May 31, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I'll play this. Also praise for all the work you have done on this mod. Well done :)

EDIT: Difficulty option is "eazy". Is it and intentional use of "easy"?

Jun 1, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I'll play this. Also praise for all the work you have done on this mod. Well done :)

EDIT: Difficulty option is "eazy". Is it and intentional use of "easy"?

Oh wow I never noticed that problem. New link here.

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:41 AM
Hell yeah found a code it's

Anyway, ^o^

Excellent mod Carrotlord 10/10

I thought when a mod was past version 1.00 it meant that it was out of the demo phase lol.

You're probably working on it right now as we speak... Or not, maybe your doing...
real life stuff

Haha, but seriously I hope you're finding time to work on this as it is a quality mod!

That is all. Stay cool. :~)