The Well - Noxid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2012 at 6:05 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Can you imagine and describe, in some detail, what you think your life would be like if you had never seen DC's LP and played Cave Story? You said it would be lamer, but you would be doing something with those years of your life. What do you think that would be?

When did you start growing a beard, and how did that work out for you at first?

Are there any forum members you initially had some amusing or otherwise interesting misconceptions about? I know a similar question was asked earlier but I'm pretty sure this one is different enough and if it's not I guess I'll just be sad.

What is love? (baby don't hurt me)

Apr 27, 2012 at 4:27 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
You're so British!

Irish, raaaghh :sue:

I want a worm full of baths because I have no idea what that would even look like

p151228-0-aszee.png

Anyways:

What did you have for breakfast this morning?

Do you have a car?

What did you have for lunch?

Apr 27, 2012 at 5:56 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
1. Better to have loved and lost, or have never loved at all?
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the first thing is the right answer, because then you will at least have memories. But, if those memories make you sad or upset, then...?

Also love is kind of ill-defined as I mention later.
2. If your partner aske for an "open relationship," what would you say?
I think it would be pretty selfish and possibly cruel of me to say no. But I ain't raising somebody else's babby and if they get pregnant I would probably play the cold-hearted bastard card and ollie the hell outie, so I'd definitely have to make that clear.
3. What's your second favorite game (forgive me for assuming your favorite is cave story). No other pixel games, nice try though >:T
I change my mind on this every few months, but right now I'd say it's Link to the Past. It is the perfect 2D zelda game. The soundtrack, the pacing, the variety of tools, the difficulty level, the design and aesthetics.. There is little about it that I do not like.
4. Do you like driving?
Not really. I just find it too stressful because I have little faith in both my own ability and the abilities of those whom I share the road with. I can drive at a functional level for rural areas which is to say, pretty badly. Still, I've never been in an accident or other altercation. Probably most likely due to the fact that I just don't drive very often.
5. You can have one food in your snack cabinet for the rest of your college life. What would it be?
Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips ™
those things are so good but they cost more than regular chips and are rarely on sale so I like, never get them ]:
Chips are usually my #1 snack food choice but I try to not buy them if I can help it because I know I'll eat them way too quickly
6. What's one talent you wish you had that you currently don't?
delerious sicknasty crafting skills. I'm not even too fussy about what specific medium. Metalworking, glass, sculpture, sewing, oragami, woodwork - I just really admire people who can make amazing pieces of art out of real things and I think it'd be really awesome if I had the time, skill and resources (and attention span) to do something like that.

Do you like Majora's Mask better than Cave Story?
Nah. While I really appreciate the darker tone and unique mechanics/concept, the dungeons are kind of drab for my taste and some of the mask quests are just plain ridiculous, as in there's no way I could have gotten it without a strategy guide (and in the case of the couple's mask, even with a strategy guide it was hard to figure out). Another factor is that Cave Story sort of represents this poetic ideal for me of the independent creator laboring for the love of his art with no expectation of reward or personal gain other than the satisfaction of others enjoying his work. And that definitely influences how I regard it.

Can you imagine and describe, in some detail, what you think your life would be like if you had never seen DC's LP and played Cave Story? You said it would be lamer, but you would be doing something with those years of your life. What do you think that would be?
Well, thinking back to what I was doing at the time, I probably would have taken up World of Warcraft again (my first foray into the modding scene coincided with my membership having run out and me feeling rather too ashamed of myself for playing it to buy more). Would've gone into Chemical Engineering all the same but I doubt I'd have switched out as I can't see myself finding anything else more interesting to take up my time other than playing video games, which is far different than making them.
On the flipside, I might have spent some more time hanging out with another one of my old internet friends who I'll just call Josh. He's a writer of sorts so I might have gotten inspired by him to try my hand at literature and short stories, since that's something I wasn't terrible at in school.
I imagine I'd probably also be much further along on that chainmaille I mentioned earlier.
Really, before I came here most of my time was spent either on MMOs and other video games, or being at school. And I suspect that probably would have just continued ad infinitum. Now, I'm not going to say the things I do now are all that much better, but at least I can *imagine* I'm being productive and improving myself by learning new things and expressing my creativity.
When did you start growing a beard, and how did that work out for you at first?
Second year of university I forgot my trimmer at home when I moved up into the dorm, so I just said "Welp, looks like I'm going to grow a beard now". I had kind of been curious as to whether I had the follicular density to pull it off and what it would even look like, so it worked out well enough for me. Not gonna lie though, it looked really greasy for the longest time. My parents actually bought me a beard trimmer for christmas that year as a not-so-subtle hint to please tame the feral growth protruding from my face. And a few months after that I decided to actually use the darn thing and with some careful consideration of my beard metrics settled on the style you're familiar with now.
Are there any forum members you initially had some amusing or otherwise interesting misconceptions about? I know a similar question was asked earlier but I'm pretty sure this one is different enough and if it's not I guess I'll just be sad.
When I first started I assumed WoC and Lace knew each other in real life based on how they were pretty much welded together. At one point I thought making a joke to ralren about his mod being in competition with mine would go over smoothly! ha ha, that was a pretty wacky misunderstanding.
What is love? (baby don't hurt me)
First off props for matching the doomtext to my preferred forum skin. I was actually confused when the contents of the quoted post were different than the original :S

And to answer the question (I think), I don't really know. I believe in platonic love - the deep mutual respect and appreciation for another based on what would be traditionally be called their "soul", the aspects of a person that define who they are and how they life their life. And then there's what I think most people confuse with love, that being lust and physical desire / attraction and other feelings that originate from the more primitive mechanics of our brain. But when you try to drag the two apart it gets really complicated because everybody interprets love a different way and have different ways they feel it needs to be expressed.
Furthermore, the tendency of manipulative people to abuse the notion of "love" to hold power over others or otherwise advance their position only serves to make me feel even more alienated to the concept. I don't think even Will Ferrell's boom box could help me make sense of it.

I regret nothing.
What did you have for breakfast this morning?
A Montreal Bagel with berry-flavoured cream cheese. The cream cheese was actually a really terrible no-name brand light cream cheese and it's really thin and gross and it makes me sad every time I eat it. But I can't just have bagels with no cream cheese so I deal with it.
Do you have a car?
Nah, I can't afford anything like that. Also, as mentioned above, I don't even like driving anyway so why bother.
What did you have for lunch?
Leftover vegetable ravioli and italian sausage from last night, microwaved
1/2 Jos. Louis
Vanilla yogurt
Fruit chunks in light syrup (otherwise known as fruit cups)
Some barbecue pringles
Ice water
A Nature Valley roasted nuts chewy granola bar that I still haven't eaten yet

Apr 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Have you played Elsword
Have you played GrandChase
Have you played maple story
have you played on a hamachi server?

Apr 27, 2012 at 9:40 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
1/10 Noxid's well is over retard(?)

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:09 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
1/10 Noxid's well is over retard(?)
yes

Gotta say, this was fun, but boy did these take a long time to do >.>
Maybe I could have been less verbose but oh well. I hope you enjoyed reading as much as i enjoyed writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.