The game is unplayable I dont know how to fix it

Jan 21, 2021 at 2:12 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So I nedded help and I came here I download the game open it but everything is dark I dont know why but everything is just dark I can control my character jump interact with objects but I cant see anything and the game is basically unplayable please help.

Jan 21, 2021 at 3:50 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Is the game running in fullscreen? launch DoConfig and set it to Windowed and see if it helps.

Jan 21, 2021 at 3:59 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Is the game running in fullscreen? launch DoConfig and set it to Windowed and see if it helps.
thank you everything isnt black anymore well it is kinda sad I wont be able to play it fullscreen but still thanks

Jan 21, 2021 at 8:15 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Another way that the original/freeware version can be played is with the use of a newer engine, such as NXEngine or CSE2. The one I would recommend is a version of CSE2 called "Cave Story: Tweaked". It adds many accessibility features in addition to a great deal of other nice upgrades, such as widescreen and better fullscreen support. The CSE2 repo and all of the forks were taken off Github due to Nicalis filing a DMCA takedown request, which means that the main page for downloading the source code and the release packages isn't available. However, the last release version of Tweaked can be found on the Doukutsu Club page located here: https://doukutsuclub.knack.com/database#search-database/mod-details/5ecc783fee5fa10016eef82e/

You should be able to just download one of the .zip files, extract it, and run the game without any additional setup. If it sounds good to you, give it a try and see if that works better.

(Discord link)
Also, please stop spamming links to your Discord server