The Deal With Saving Booster?

May 3, 2016 at 1:33 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
So, this probably came across as weird to everyone, how Professor Booster dies if you meet him, but he lives on fine if you ignore him. I was thinking about this, and may have come up with a vaguely plausible theory?
When you meet Booster and he gives you the booster, he basically understands that there is someone who can help those who are dear to him, and he dies with a content heart knowing Quote will save the day.
When you ignore him, he feels that he has to give the booster to someone, he has to survive somehow and go on, because he isn't sure of what's going to happen. He has more motivation to survive, and he pulls through through willpower.
What do you think?

May 3, 2016 at 2:13 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I feel like Booster died because he used the last bit of his strength talking to Quote. He may have used the booster by pressing buttons and not using too much strength to slowly float down to the teleporter.

May 3, 2016 at 3:21 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
May 3, 2016 at 6:30 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Is Booster alive or dead when you open the box...?
Maybe it's best not to check...

May 3, 2016 at 6:35 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Didn't Booster mention something about having used his last luck up by finding you in the Labyrinth?

May 3, 2016 at 10:17 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I like to think he crawled down, somehow not hurting himself on the way down, used his technical know-how to go through the teleporter, and heal all of a sudden.
And I remember when I first played CS when Booster died, I got sad, when I reached Itoh and he said said he was a mechanical genius, I assumed I had to get his help early on to save Booster to get the best ending, ah how times have changed.

May 4, 2016 at 12:34 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
When you meet Booster and he gives you the booster, he basically understands that there is someone who can help those who are dear to him, and he dies with a content heart knowing Quote will save the day.
When you ignore him, he feels that he has to give the booster to someone, he has to survive somehow and go on, because he isn't sure of what's going to happen. He has more motivation to survive, and he pulls through through willpower.
Yep, that's pretty much the theory that most people here go by. Some have also talked about how all that talking causes him to lose what's left of his strength.

This has been discussed before:
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/why-did-booster-survive.4626/

May 4, 2016 at 6:04 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"