The Cave Story Roleplay fourm is coming back...

Dec 21, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yeah there's some rping going on
But this system is really strange like
The rps are separated into different maps of cave story?? what if you want to change maps in an rp? are you forced to make another thread? that's a ton of clutter and really confusing

I'm not sure why you really have to approve the characters either, it's extra work and if characters are too godlike or whatever then people will just not rp with them, problem solved

diph.php
Okay, this is bizarre. The first thread is literally a sentence saying read everything in this category. A useless thread. Literally useless.
There are three threads with "rules" in the title. I had more trouble than was necessary figuring out which of these threads I was supposed to read to get what information I needed.
I'm not going through every one of these threads but by the titles I can tell that you can combine everything after the fourth thread into one thread, and maybe even add the third one as well
You really only need two threads in this section - rules, and character info. The setup now is stupid and requires you to look through and keep open a large quantity of threads if you even want to make a character.

diph.php
Training? What is this, an rp tournament? Why do you need to sign up to get "training"? Why do you have to make two threads to learn how to rp? I understand that being able to learn how to rp properly is important, but you don't need to make it such a hassle. Just make a section for "newbie rps" or something similar so that everyone can get the hang of it together.

Dec 22, 2014 at 12:10 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Guys
Having this crap on a different site is kind of pointless if ur gonna complain about it here

Dec 22, 2014 at 2:15 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I agree with Noxid. If you have a problem, tell us where we'll actually look and take it seriously.

As to your first complaint. This is a system that a huge amount of roleplay forums use. It's tried and tested. For your second, the same goes. You have no idea how a roleplay forum works, huh.
For the third. Partially true. A couple could be merged, and I know it. I'll get to it later. But having multiple threads split up is better than fifty feet of one topic. It makes it easier to find out what exactly you want to know. Again, tried and tested. Don't attempt to argue with people who have been doing this for years.
Your fourth is probably the most valid, actually. While I deny the superfluity of the training, a newbie Rp area is a good idea. Thanks.

Dec 22, 2014 at 2:40 AM
Professional Whatever
Alright, fine, if other rp forums do it then do whatever you want. It just doesn't make sense to me.
In any case, maybe having two all-encompassing threads is a bit much but jesus I wouldn't want to open five threads just to make a character. Again, I haven't gone on rp forums so obviously I don't know everything do what you want. But AT LEAST remove that first thread. You have a perfectly valid category description to say "read this shit".
Also, I can argue all I want with people with experience. Just because I don't know as much about them doesn't mean my opinions mean nothing.

Dec 22, 2014 at 5:11 PM
"Huzzah!"
I'm going to that site, mess everything up, and pretend to be that stupid user who doesn't know how to do anything.
This shall give me such great pleasure in the downfall of the rpg (neversupposedtoexist) site.

Dec 22, 2014 at 5:18 PM
"Huzzah!"
Dunc2403 said:
why, tho
seriously what's the point
It will be fun. I already did my despicable act now. Mwahaha!
I'm sorry for all (one) the terrible acts I've commited

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:28 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oi, fourms. We got a low-level mod a'brewing on the roleplay site, anyone interested?

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:33 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
We have a mod. All it really is right now is a redoing of Mimiga Village done in the way that it exists over on the Roleplay Fourm. If anyone is interested, I'll throw the download link up.

Jan 7, 2015 at 12:07 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
so basically you're making a RPForum Mod
we already have one but better
also do you not know the hard implications of modding
because I feel like you don't

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:51 AM
Love the avatar.

And no, we're not. This is a mod that's more a map than a mod. Made with spare time to help people visualize areas in the RP-proper.
Also, a slight question, how can you say something's better if you haven't even... Seen the other? That's just absurd.
And about your implications thing. I most certainly do. Yes, it's me making the mod, with a bit of help from someone a whole lot more experienced than me. So in short, we know what we're doing.

Thanks for your concern, though!

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:58 AM
Professional Whatever
k well first off you have a mod thread on the site so uh
he can see your mod/map i guess
and if you just want the map why are you making the mod just use that screenshot for your refs

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:02 AM
Ah, yes, but I seriously doubt he did.

And I would, but that would be one huge screenshot, seeing as that's not even the entire thing. Plus, it's interactive as a mod! D-oh.

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:12 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Fair warning; the mod is amateur as all-hell. When you fire it up, press z or x when it gets stuck on waterway. Make sure you pick New and not Load.

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:44 AM
thinks dogs are cool
I have not seen the mod nor do I have any intention upon doing so

also consider this: why would a map reference need interactiveness when you only need the landscape of it

Jan 7, 2015 at 5:07 AM
Professional Whatever
I assume that's a typo spirit, but the people who are bad at modding are the ones that should mod - that's how they get good at it

Jan 7, 2015 at 5:13 AM
thinks dogs are cool
ah yes, my apologies
i forget how people learn and grow after many trials and errors
my mistake, ignore me

Jan 7, 2015 at 7:07 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
but still
If someone's gonna play it, it's a mod. A map would really just be a screenshot.