the best mods

Feb 3, 2016 at 2:40 AM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Pretty sure I saw more than one name in the credits.

I swear that music in the main room is from one of the old sonic games... don't remember which though...

(Yo, can I ask a question? How did you do that thing with the background during the final boss? You know with making all the debre getting lifted up into the air?)

Well not to pat my own back or anything but I did most of the main mod work on my own. Again, I only got help with a few songs mostly, so song contributors were added of course. A few extra people were added to the credits due to character cameos or because I knew them and felt like it. But 100% of the gameplay and graphics were done by me (of course a lot of it was taken from other stuff but yknow), so there's no excuses for others unwilling to make a mod of some level of quality.

Also, the debris flying up was just the cloud entity from the normal end of CaveStory when Quote is falling off the island. It takes the 'clouds' from the current map tileset which is why Cavestory includes a tileset that is only clouds. So using it in a map that has an actual tileset makes it draw from the maps tileset.

(Also yes the main Rave song is Carnival Night from Sonic.)

Feb 7, 2016 at 10:51 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
*deep breath*
Okay, so I've now played Rave Story, Jenka's Nightmare, and Cavern Tale. All of these mods were unanimously amazing. I think I should play WTF Story next.
Or maybe The Show. I'll think.
~Liz

Feb 8, 2016 at 12:47 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Try "A walk through the snow" and "King: Strife and Sacrifice".

Also try "video game" if you feel like a speedrunning challenge.

Feb 8, 2016 at 9:57 AM
"Huzzah!"
You can try these... uh... if you really want to...
It's a mod series called NSFW Story
as the title implies... this mod is not safe for work...
play it at your own risk.

wait f*ck, is it OK to talk about this mod series?

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:44 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Gee, A Walk Trough the Snow is kind-of boring... and frustrating, the new physics don't do it any favors.
It's not terrible, I just didn't enjoy playing it.

The physics were kind of the point, though. They served to make it possible to make more compact platforming puzzles and make said platforming sections harder.

It also focused more on atmosphere than exciting gameplay, so of course it won't necessarily make your heart pound.