The Battle Spire Challenge

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:27 PM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Okay, to accommodate timezones and to get used to OBS, I'm gonna delay the stream to about 4:30PM~5PM PST. Hopefully everyone will have time to join then.

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:42 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Okay, to accommodate timezones and to get used to OBS, I'm gonna delay the stream to about 4:30PM~5PM PST. Hopefully everyone will have time to join then.

I'll try and be online.

EDIT (to avoid another warning):

Thanks for doing that Jon. I really appreciate that you took the time to play it.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2015 at 9:22 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Okay, this mod seems kinda ridiculous... why paired bosses? It doesn't feel suited to speed running IMO.
Also I'm guessing you tried to make the title screen look like the one on Cave Story+ - again, why?

By the way, "Music from Kero Blaster!" makes it sound like you're actually using Kero Blaster's music.

Sep 18, 2015 at 9:38 PM
Okay, this mod seems kinda ridiculous... why paired bosses? It doesn't feel suited to speed running IMO.
Also I'm guessing you tried to make the title screen look like the one on Cave Story+ - again, why?

By the way, "Music from Kero Blaster!" makes it sound like you're actually using Kero Blaster's music.

1. Paired bosses because it's harder and changes the whole dynamic of the boss fight. It makes it different from other Boss Rushes.
2. The mod is a Boss Rush. It is definitely suited to speed running.
3. The title screen is not meant to look like the CS+ background. I actually forgot that CS+ had that background. It's because the Start Point and Prep Rooms use that background.
4. How else would you like me to say it? "ORGs based off the music from Kero Blaster!" would probably work better.

He is using Kero Blaster music.

He probably thought I had discovered a way to make CS use Pxtone. If only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 18, 2015 at 9:39 PM
Veteran Member
Just deleted my post because it became irrelevant like five seconds after it was made.

Sep 18, 2015 at 10:08 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Okay, this mod seems kinda ridiculous... why paired bosses?
The big problem with paired bosses is that there will always be one boss who has to be killed with it's 'sidekick'. Defeating the sidekick is optional, but the other boss is the one you are supposed to target.
This can be really problematic in some moments, especially in the Balrog&Toroko+ fight.

Sep 19, 2015 at 1:14 AM
Veteran Member
He probably thought I had discovered a way to make CS use Pxtone. If only.
I thought that Kero Blaster music was compatible with Cave Story. I don't know much about composing music, or how to make things sound good. I'll stick to mapping for my mod.

Sep 19, 2015 at 2:25 AM
I thought that Kero Blaster music was compatible with Cave Story. I don't know much about composing music, or how to make things sound good. I'll stick to mapping for my mod.

Kero Blaster music is done in Pxtone. Cave Story music is done in ORGmaker. Pxtone is like the "next-gen" version of ORGmaker.