Terrible games (that you loved to play)

Dec 14, 2009 at 5:04 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
There have always been games that were, well, not that good. Shitty, some could say. They have awful graphics, terrible sounds, riddled with bugs and are downright unplayable. But sometimes you know a game is bad and still play it, be it for the unintentional hilarity, intriguing plot or the awesomeness. This thread is devoted to these games.

My terrible game is named Werevolves of London (no relation to the song, I think). The game's plot is as follows: A lycanthropy curse was placed upon you, so you change into a werewolf each night. To get rid of the curse, you have to find and eat eight members of the family that cursed you.
The game was poorly implemented (obviously). The controls are stiff, you can get easily lost because of the bland graphics, finding the targets is almost impossible, the list goes on. But even though the game was damn near unplayable, I still played it. Why? Well, you get to kill and eat innocent bystanders. What else would you want?
Yes, the game idea was awesome enough for me to work on its own. Granted, it certainly deserved a much better design, but hey, At least I have a topic for a thread. Your turn.

Dec 14, 2009 at 5:42 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I've recently stumbled upon a little flash game that has such convoluted controls that it's nearly impossible to play. Maybe that was the point, maybe it was just bad design, I don't know. But a flash game has never made me laugh so hard.

It's called QWOP, and you play a guy at the olympics doing the 100m dash. You use four different buttons to control his calves and thighs to attempt to make him run. The sheer ineptitude as you flail around trying to figure out what to do amuses me to no end. Problem is, I eventually figured it out and it's no fun anymore.

QWOP

Dec 14, 2009 at 6:32 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Shadow The Hedgehog

Cus everyone seems to hate it but...
I Love it!!

Youve just got to think

right i like Sonic
Ive just got a new Sonic game
But I Play as Shadow!!
lets be Gratefull that SEGA has actually made an effort.
Play it and take into considiration the good things like the music.
The return of characters.
The new model of Shadow
The Great Storyline
The cool bossfights

Then Shadow The Hedgehog
Becomes an actually good game :)

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:35 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Arkane.
I mentioned it on this thread. The download link is now gone. I have played this game with a few other people, they either said it was okay or they said it sucked. It's an extremely low-budget dungeon crawler that I will always love, despite being at the same level as a mediocre Flash game today.